Chapter 18

"Come on, Becky. Maybe Saint can offer some help to your career. And remember, he's a daddy," Irin chuckled as she joined me on the couch.

"Daddy and married? Seriously?" I raised an eyebrow and rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong with being married? You know, it's all about love," Irin giggled and linked her arm with mine.

"It's not love, Irin. It's lust. Most secret affairs don't end well because people choose their original partners over their secret flings," I said, rolling my eyes and gently removing her arm.

"Fine, Rebecca Patricia. Don't come crying to me if you become the mistress of that FlareStyle CEO," Irin shook her head.

I focused on the television while Irin took a call. She excused herself, and I nodded for her to answer her phone.

I retreated to my room to rest and prepare for a productive day tomorrow, even though it was my rest day tomorrow. I wanted to wake up early to run errands.

As I was about to turn off my phone, Freen called. It was late in the evening, and I wondered why she was still awake.

"Hello? Why are you still up?" I asked as I answered the call.

"Can we meet up somewhere?" she asked in a hushed tone.

"Why are you whispering?" I furrowed my brow.

"Colds," she replied, somewhat unconvincingly.

I could tell the difference between a voice with a cold and a whisper. Why was Freen lying? She didn't need to, and I wouldn't be upset if she was with someone else.

"Do you want to meet tonight?" I asked, confused. "It's pretty late."

"Not tonight," Freen sighed. "How about tomorrow? It's your day off, right?"

"Yeah, I'm free. Where should we meet?" I inquired.

Suddenly, Irin burst into my room, wearing a smile that quickly faded when she saw me on the phone.

"I'll talk to you later," she said, smiling awkwardly as she closed the door.

"Let's meet tomorrow at the restaurant. I'll send you the location," Freen said before hanging up, leaving me sighing.

I stared at my phone, perplexed. Instead of resting, I found myself wanting to meet with her. What was she hiding? I wouldn't be upset, though. I just wanted her to be honest with me, though I didn't have the right to be angry.

I left my room and found Irin sitting on the couch. I lay down and used her lap as a pillow, gazing up at the ceiling.

"Who were you talking to?" Irin asked.

"Freen called. She wants to meet up tomorrow," I replied, sighing again. "By the way, who called you?"

"Zee did. He just wanted to let us know he'll be out of the country for a few days for work and asked if we wanted souvenirs," Irin said, gently stroking my hair. "Why do you seem so restless, Becky?"

"I just don't know what I am to Freen. Everything happened so quickly. She said she wanted to teach me acting, then we kissed, and then..." I accidentally let out more than I intended to with Irin.

"Oh my gosh, you guys...?" Irin asked, disbelief in her voice.

"Yeah, but it was just once, Irin, and it was for the workshop," I explained.

"Don't be naive, Becky. You know what that means. No teacher would pleasure their student for acting lessons," Irin rolled her eyes. "Either she likes you, or she just wants you."

"What's the difference?" I asked.

"You're being so naive tonight!" Irin flicked my forehead, making me groan. "Liking means she has developed feelings for you, and wanting means she has a strong desire for you, which could be romantic or sexual. Get it?"

I nodded in response. So that was it. Perhaps Freen did want me, maybe even more than that. She might want to spend the night with me, make me feel good, and satisfy her own desires. However, I was apprehensive that I might develop deeper feelings for her while she only wanted me in her bed.

"Why are you spacing out?" Irin asked, locking eyes with me. "Don't tell me you're falling for her already?"

"Falling, your face!" I grabbed a throw pillow, tossed it at Irin's face, and headed to my room.

I needed to rest now so I could meet Freen tomorrow. Whether she liked me or just wanted me, it didn't matter. As long as she needed me, that was enough.