Chapter 75

Admitting everything was excruciatingly difficult. Letting go of her, after sacrificing everything for her, seemed unimaginable. I had dedicated myself to ensuring her happiness, yet a simple question would trigger her anger. I felt a deep hurt, and now, releasing her seemed like the easiest way out.

I was weary of doubt and self-questioning, exhausted from the constant overthinking. Every night became a mental battle, forcing myself to ponder and wrestle with my own thoughts. The burden was heavy. I didn't want to delve into such deep contemplation before sleeping again.

"Becky?" Nam's knock on my bedroom door made me furrow my brows. Oh, shoot! I forgot to text her that I was home.

"Nam, I'm here. I'm sorry for not messaging you. I was tired!" I shouted, avoiding opening the door.

"I'll sleep in your guest room. Call me if you need something!" Nam's response echoed from the hallway.

I didn't reply. She understood.

Rolling on my bed, I stared at the white ceiling. I was waiting for Freen's call, but it never came. Perhaps, she desired this too. Maybe she was tired too.

What went wrong exactly? Everything had been fine yesterday. We were deeply in love, and tonight, everything changed abruptly. What happened?

Tears flowed again, and I sighed. Why was I the one regretting my decision when it wasn't just my choice? Why couldn't I stop loving Freen so quickly? Why couldn't I get her out of my mind?

My phone buzzed suddenly. It was a message from an unknown number.

"Finally, I know this would work." The message confirmed my suspicion—it was Saint.

"She's all yours. You two were made for each other. Both secretive." I replied, rolled my eyes, and turned off my phone.

As I was about to close my eyes, Nam urgently knocked on my door. Opening it, I gave her a death glare.

"Someone messaged me, Becky. I think it was your dad." Nam showed me her phone, displaying a message asking where I was and seeking forgiveness. He wanted Nam's help.

A brilliant idea crossed my mind.

***

Late at night, I went to the restaurant to meet my father. He was sitting, waiting for me. I didn't understand the sudden change of heart. Was it because I was famous now, and he stood to gain something?

"Hello," I greeted, taking a seat across from him.

My father looked surprised and started to panic.

"What do you want to eat?" he asked, handing me the menu. "How are you?"

'I'm fine. I'm only here because you wanted to meet me. What's the matter? Was it urgent?" I asked, aware that the real reason was his desire to see me.

"I want to make it up to you, Becky. I'm still your father. It's been years." My father lowered his head. "I know I was wrong for leaving you."

"What will you do if I forgive you?" I asked, leaning back. "Leave me again?"

"No," he said, waving his hands. "I will give you anything you wish for. Just let me make it up to you, Becky. Let me be your father again."

I nodded and averted my gaze. It made me feel guilty, but this was the only way to handle all of this. I wouldn't hurt my father. I would just hurt Saint's beloved stepson.

We sat in silence for almost half an hour before I decided to break it. I needed to make him think that forgiving him wasn't for personal gain. What he did was unforgivable, but I needed him now. I needed him to remove Saint from all of his positions that weren't rightfully his. They were mine in the first place. I am the biological daughter.

"I'm interested in the FlareStyle Apparel Company." I looked at him with determination. "I'd like to be the CEO after finishing my current series. Can you make that happen for me?" I asked.

My father was taken aback. It was a big request, but I wanted to chip away at Saint's happiness, one piece at a time.

"I'll talk to the current CEO and the board..." he said, sighing as he massaged his temples.

"It's fine if you can't." I stood up. "I don't need a father anyway. I grew up without one," I said.

"Wait, Becky." My father stood up, grabbing one of my arms. "I'll make it happen. Just give Daddy some time. I'll make it happen for you," he promised.

I slowly nodded, removing his hand from me as I walked out. Once outside the restaurant, an evil smile crept onto my lips. If I couldn't get what I wanted, then I would take what Saint wanted. It was me versus him for now, and afterward, let's see if Freen wouldn't come crawling back to me.