Chapter 37

I arrived home early and decided to call Irin, hoping she wasn't too busy because I really needed someone to talk to.

I couldn't believe what I had just heard from Freen. I thought I had already come to terms with the fact that Freen wouldn't leave her lover for me. However, learning that it was all planned made me furious.

I wanted to get back at her. I wanted her to realize that she had made a mistake by messing with me. I knew I didn't have enough to exact my revenge, and Freen could do anything to me if I made a wrong move.

That's why I decided to devise a plan.

"You know Zee would do anything for you, right?" Irin asked, taking a sip of her vodka. "By the way, why do you want to know all about Saint? I thought you liked Freen?"

I couldn't reveal everything to Irin because I knew she'd explode with emotions once she found out. If she got involved, her emotions might jeopardize the plan.

"Yes, I like Freen a lot, but I can't accept that she chose a cheater over me," I said with a sigh. I downed a whole glass of vodka and poured another.

"So, you want to prove to Freen that her husband is a cheater, is that it? What if he has genuinely changed?" Irin inquired.

"Cheaters don't change in just a few weeks, Irin. Freen is blinded by her love for Saint; that's why she thinks that way. I want her to realize something. I want her to open her eyes," I remarked, rolling my eyes.

"You know what? You're meddling in their relationship. Why don't you let them work it out? If Saint really cheats, it's Freen's problem, not yours," she replied, clicking her tongue and shaking her head.

"Want to know the truth?" I asked, glaring at her. "I want Freen back. I want her to beg me and admit that I'm the right choice for her. I want her to leave Saint and come crawling back to me."

"So you're willing to tarnish Saint's reputation?" Irin questioned, crossing her arms. "I thought you didn't like ruining marriages? Your plan involves destroying their three-year marriage, Rebecca."

"I don't care about them anymore," I muttered, biting my lip and sighing. I wanted them both to suffer for what they had done.

"Okay, I understand. I'll support you in this. But remember, Becky, you might end up hurt after this plan. Either way, you'll be hurt. You know that," she said, stealing my vodka and drinking it straight.

"So, you'll help me prove that Saint is a cheater?" I asked.

"What if he isn't one anymore?" Irin smirked. "If he isn't, I'll make sure he becomes one."

I smiled at Irin and nodded, realizing what she had in mind. I didn't care anymore if I became the villain in their story. My life had been peaceful before they came along. They dragged me into their lives and made me suffer even though I had done nothing. Now, it was their turn to experience the same.

My phone buzzed, and it was a call from Non. I panicked when I realized he had been waiting for me at the restaurant while I was here drinking with Irin.

"Damn," I muttered.

"I have to go. Non's been waiting for me," I said as I grabbed my bag and coat before leaving Irin at her place.

Why had I forgotten about him? He had been waiting for hours.

I hurried into the restaurant, nervous that he might be angry, but when our eyes met, he smiled at me and waved.

"Traffic?" he asked when I reached him.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting," I said, lowering my head and taking a seat across from him. "Have you eaten?"

"No, I was waiting for you," Non replied. He called the waiter and ordered for me as well.

I felt embarrassed about what I had done. I had thought he wouldn't wait for me, but instead, he had waited patiently and hadn't gotten mad.

"Thank you," I said.

"I didn't do anything. What's there to thank me for?" Non asked, waiting for an explanation. I just shook my head. "You're getting stranger every day."

Suppressing a smile, I replied, "I guess I am."

As we ate, Non filled me in on what had happened while I was late. We decided to go live and talk to our fans.

"Are you two dating?" Non read a comment and turned to me. We both smiled and shook our heads.

"We're just having a meal together and heading to the office. We're friends, folks," I assured them.

Some comments suggested that I sounded defensive, and Non laughed. I gave him a stern look and whispered for him not to entertain such questions, which he agreed to.

After our meal, I spotted a familiar figure in the distance. It was Saint, accompanied by Zee. They were entering the restaurant, and Zee was pointing towards the girl who had been waiting.

I smirked and told Non to wait for me in the car. I took out my phone and began snapping pictures.

It appeared that I didn't need to do anything. Saint was digging his own grave.

a/n: Sorry for the late update. I went to school at 7am and I just got home. From now on, please understand that every Friday I won't be able to update early. Thank you for waiting vivies. Love you all! ❤️