CHAPTER 12

After Xu Qingliu arrived at school, he ate the cheapest black-faced steamed buns and the pickles brought from home. Although life is hard, she doesn't feel it is hard because she can learn.

Learning is what makes her happiest. She cherished this opportunity and studied extremely hard. She had to study at one or two in the morning with the light of the toilet at night, and got up at five o'clock to continue studying.

People in her dormitory thought she worked too hard, but she didn't think so. She felt she didn't work hard enough.

Her grades did not disappoint her, she was always first in the class. And she also made a like-minded friend, the second best in the class, a boy named Qiu Heng.

In the blink of an eye, it's summer and July, and it's time for exams. Xu Qingliu and Qiu Heng entered the examination room after encouraging each other.

Three days after the college entrance examination was over, they went home and were called by their teacher to the school to evaluate their scores and report their application. Xu Qingliu conservatively estimated that with the lowest score, she could get into Ningda University, which she most wanted to go to, so she did not hesitate to apply for the Mathematics Department of Ningda University as her first choice.

The head teacher advised her to apply for two more schools just in case, and also gave her a choice of schools slightly lower than Ningda University. Xu Qingliu thought about it, and it made sense. He couldn't entrust it to others, so he filled it in and handed it in together.

Qiu Heng filled in the same application as her. Before the two parted ways, Qiu Heng jokingly said that they could go to school together again.

Xu Qingliu, who has beautiful ideals, works at home while waiting for results. But when high school was about to start, there was no notice. She went to school to ask the class teacher, who was also surprised.

But he has encountered many students who usually have good grades but perform poorly in the college entrance examination. Although I didn't expect that Xu Qingliu would also perform abnormally, I could only regretfully tell her that the notice had already come out and if she didn't, she would have failed.

Xu Qingliu went to find Qiu Heng again, and Qiu Heng didn't believe that she would fail the exam. He had obviously passed the exam, but Xu Qingliu's grades were much higher than his.

But Xu Qingliu saw in school that her grades were not good enough to get into Ning University, or even the insurance school she applied for.

Xu Qingliu accepted her fate, only blaming herself for not living up to expectations and not performing well in the exam. She smiled and wished Qiu Heng a bright future.

But as soon as she turned around, she burst into tears.

After Xu Qingliu returned home, her parents did not support her studying. They also said that she was getting older and they wanted to marry her off quickly to earn a bride price for her brother's wife.

Xu Qingliu couldn't stand such a suffocating family, and didn't want to be tied to the countryside for the rest of his life. Thinking of the reform and opening up she saw in the newspaper, she decided to go out, to Ningcheng. She didn't believe that people could starve to death if they worked hard.

On the surface, she obeyed her parents, but she secretly opened a letter of introduction and took her household registration book. One night when everyone was asleep, Xu Qingliu took the saved money and some clothes and left home.

Xu Qingliu, who came to Ningcheng, quickly found a job in a private hotel. After working, she will continue to study.

On this day off, Xu Qingliu put on her most decent clothes and went to Ning University. That was the school she longed for most. Even if she couldn't go to it, she would still go and have a look.