CHAPTER 13

Ingredients are needed to treat guests to a meal. Although the reform and opening up are now in place, the prices of many things have not been liberalized and they are still purchased with tickets, such as meat, grain, and oil.

Meat is a scarce product and is sold out as soon as it arrives. If you don't line up early, you won't be able to buy it.

Qu Zhitao was worried and planned to go to the black market to buy it if she couldn't buy it. Liao Jilin told her not to worry about it. He could buy as much meat as she needed.

Qu Zhitao suddenly became nervous and grabbed his arm: "You're not going to the black market, are you?"

Without giving Liao Jilin a chance to speak, Qu Zhitao continued: "You are still speculating now. You are a soldier and you cannot do such dangerous things. If you are caught, it will affect your work. You have to go too." I'll go, if I get caught it's just a shame, it won't affect anything."

Liao Jilin looked at her like she was facing a formidable enemy, with a smile on his face. His heart felt so soft at this moment, and he stretched out his hands to take her into his arms and hold her.

"It's not going to the black market, don't worry. The troops have to buy it every day. I'll tell the logistics department to help bring some back."

Qu Zhitao breathed out and punched his chest: "If you didn't tell me earlier, you would have scared me to death. When will we treat you?"

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay, I'm going to draw up the menu and write down the dishes I want to buy. You have to give me a list of how many people you want to invite, otherwise I won't know how many to buy."

"me and you togather."

Qu Zhitao sat at the table and wrote the menu. Liao Jilin leaned on the back of the chair and bent over to watch her write. He discussed with her who to invite and what dishes were suitable.

After all, it was his first time to treat guests. Qu Zhitao went to Sister Shi's house in the afternoon and asked if there was anything he needed to pay attention to.

"The people in the army are all honest. They are all big men. There is nothing you need to pay attention to. Oh, by the way, there is one thing. Sister, you have to cook more, otherwise there will not be enough for them. When are you going to treat me? I'll help you then."

Qu Zhitao hurriedly refused: "No, no, I can handle it."

"Hi! You're welcome, we're all neighbors. If something happens to my family in the future, why don't you help me?"

Qu Zhitao smiled and shook his head: "That won't happen."

"That's it. Okay, you don't go out much after you arrive. I'll take you to meet some people later. There are some wives who are pretty good."

Qu Zhitao hurriedly thanked Sister Shi.

When it is hot at home in the afternoon, these family members will come out to sit under a tree to enjoy the shade and talk. Some of them still hold the soles of their shoes in their hands.

When Sister Shi took Qu Zhitao there, everyone was silent.

But soon, the person who knew what was going on spoke up: "Oh, what a rare visitor. Sister Shi, how did you invite this person here? You are so capable."

Sister Shi went up and pushed her: "What are you talking about? Xiaotao, this is the second battalion commander's wife, you can just call her Sumei."

She introduced them to Qu Zhitao one by one. Qu Zhitao smiled at everyone and nodded, his attitude neither humble nor arrogant: "Hello everyone. I have been cleaning up the house here and haven't had the chance to meet everyone. Sister Shi happened to be free today, so she brought me here. Recognize me. You're welcome, just call me by my name."