CHAPTER 42

Lu Chunxi recently discovered that something was wrong with her daughter. She always stayed in the room. When asked what she was doing, she said she was reading and studying.

But when she went in to deliver water, she found that she was very nervous and did not look like she was studying, so Lu Chunxi became suspicious.

That day, when cooking meat, Lu Chunxi sent Lingling out to buy seasonings because she didn't have enough at home, and she went into Lingling's room.

Lu Chunxi had no idea of ​​respecting her daughter's privacy. She searched around her daughter's room and found several extracurricular books that did not belong to her. Lu Chunxi's face instantly darkened.

When Lingling hurried back with the condiments, she was greeted by her mother's black face.

Lu Chunxi sat on the sofa, threw the book on the table, and asked her sharply: "What is this?"

Lingling was so frightened that she almost dropped the condiment on the ground. She clenched her fists hard, squeezed the seasoning bag, and said carefully: "Book...book."

"I know it's a book! What kind of book is this?" Lu Chunxi frowned and looked very angry.

"Famous... masterpieces." Lingling swallowed her saliva and answered.

Lu Chunxi was so angry that she slapped the table, "You still don't admit it? What did I say before? Now your task is to study hard. When you are admitted to college, I don't care what you read. You turned a deaf ear to my words, right? ?Where did this book come from?"

Lingling pursed her lips and didn't speak. Lu Chunxi became even more angry. She picked up a book and pretended to tear it up: "If you don't tell me, I will tear up all these books and burn them!"

"No, mom, I said, don't tear it up." Lingling's face showed fear, fearing that her mother would tear up the book if she told her too late, and then she would give it back to Aunt Tao.

"Aunt Tao lent me this."

"Zhitao?"

"Yeah." Lingling explained the whole story clearly, and Lu Chunxi's anger decreased a lot. It's not that my daughter bought it with hidden money. She can tolerate it even if it's done in person or in secret.

"Since I borrowed the book from your Aunt Tao, I will return the book to your Aunt Tao tomorrow and explain to your Aunt Tao that I will not borrow it again."

Lingling said nothing, she didn't want to go, she wanted to read.

It's winter vacation now. She doesn't have to read extracurricular books during school, but she doesn't have to study during winter vacation, so why can't she read them.

When Lu Chunxi saw her like this, she became angry again: "What? You don't want to listen to me anymore?"

"Mom, it's winter vacation now. I want to read a book. Reading is also learning and can improve writing skills. Our Chinese teachers encourage us to read more extracurricular books. I promise not to read them when I'm in school. Just let me read them during the winter vacation. Mom, mom~ please."

Lingling put the seasoning bag on the table, sat next to Lu Chunxi, held her arm and shook the Book of Songs, coquettishly trying to get Lu Chunxi to agree.

Lu Chunxi still loved her daughter, but her daughter's learning was reversed. She had a headache from being shaken, so she pushed Lingling out, "Okay, don't beg me. Is your Chinese teacher really saying that?"

Lingling nodded, their Chinese teacher did say this.

Lu Chunxi was still skeptical.

Lingling's junior high school class was in a military middle school, and the Chinese teacher was also a family member of the family home, and she was a colleague.