s i x

That next morning, Liam got up early to go out on a run with Mason. Claiming they wanted to be in shape. My brother didn't exactly need it considering the werewolf thing. Mason, well he was a little boney.

I ran down the stairs, phone in hand. I decided to skip school because of how late the game ran last night.

"Hey honey." My mom smiled. 

"Hey." 

"Your brother on a run?" She asked. 

"Yeah." I said. 

I sat down at the kitchen table with her, setting my hands in front of me. 

"Is school going okay?" She asked. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

"You haven't brought anyone home or gone to hang out with anyone." She looked at me. "Liam has been with this Mason boy non stop for the past week."

"Liam just has more luck connecting with people." 

She grabbed my hands.

"If your hesitant because of what happened at Devenford, don't be. They can only know what you tell them." 

I looked at her, "It was so wrong, what I did. I was just trying to get the coach to drop the charges. We were already falling into debt." 

"We're not anymore." She shook her head. "We're doing just fine." 

"Last night at the game, I wanted to punch that pretty face of Brett's so bad." I shut my eyes, allowing a tear to fall. 

 "Honey." 

"I didn't even see the coach, I couldn't." I shook my head. 

"Why don't you go clean up." She said. 

I nodded as I stood, wiping my face. I ran up the stairs. I washed my face. Then changed into new clothes. I brushed through my hair, then my teeth. I looked in the mirror one last time then walked out of my room and down the stairs. 

"Who's Scott?" My mom asked. 

"What?"

"A boy named Scott is on the phone." She said, handing me my cell. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Liam's gone." 

"What do you mean?"

"He's gone, Mason said they were on a run and he up and disappeared from the trails." 

"Have you asked anyone else about this?"

"We asked all of his teachers, coach too. He didn't show up at school." 

"Well I haven't seen him," I said. "Do you want me to come?"

"It'd be helpful."

"Be there soon." I hung up. 

"Who haven't you seen?"

"Scott's friend. They were supposed to work on a project." I slid my white high top converse on. 

"I thought you didn't want to go to school today." 

"Changed my mind." I said, slipping my bag on my shoulder. I grabbed my keys from the dish by the door and walked out. I started driving to the school when I got another call.

I answered. 

"Hello?"

"Garrett has Liam somewhere." 

"Where?"

"I don't know, he wants Violet back." 

"But she's locked up." I said.