f o r t y - t w o

"Okay, Ms. Dunbar." The doctor told me. "Go ahead and take a seat."

I smiled as I sat on the bed, adjusting myself.

"So, we are just going to take a look at the baby and you'll be able to get your first sonogram." He said and flipped through his clipboard. "Are we expecting anyone else to show up?"

"Nope, just me." I smiled.

"Okay, Blaire. Lay back on the bed for me and roll up your shirt."

I did as told and rolled my shirt up just enough for him to do what he needed. He placed gel on my stomach and took the wand, placing it against my body.

"Okay, if you look right up there you will be able to see the baby."

He moved the wand around as he showed me different angles.

"How many of them do you want printed out?"

"Four, please."

"If I may ask." He said as he started to print them out. "Where's the baby's father?"

I smiled, "He was in a car accident and unfortunately didn't make it."

"I'm so sorry." He said.

I smiled.

He began wiping the gel, "I'm very proud of you though, for going through with the situation. Most women wouldn't. Especially at only eighteen."

"I don't give up that easily."

I sat up, pulling my shirt down as I threw my legs over the side of the bed.

"That's a good thing." He said as he handed me the print outs. "I hope you have a wonderful day Blaire. Sasha at the front desk will help you set up your next appointment."

"Thank you so much Doc."

I walked out and to the front desk.

"How may I help you?" The girl smiled.

"I need to set up my next baby appointment."

"Name?"

"Blaire Dunbar."

"Okay, is the third of next month okay with you?"

"Should be." I said.

"Okay, we'll send you texts to remind you. If something comes up and we will change it to a better date."

"Okay." I smiled. "Thank you."

--------------------

I walked into the high school doors as all the students looked at me. I continued down the hall to Natalie's office. I walked in as she wrote something down on the paper in front of her. She looked up and smiled.

"Blaire." She smiled.

"So I went to the doctor." I smiled. "And this is the baby."

I handed her one of the print outs.

"Oh my gosh, this is so exciting Blaire!"

"I know, I'm so nervous but I'm so ready."

"You'll be a great mother Blaire." She said as someone cleared their throat.

We both looked over and saw Monroe.

"Natalie, the meeting."

"Let me use the restroom and we'll get going."Natalie said.

She stood and walked out as I turned to Monroe.

"You're pregnant?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I am. I figured Nolan would spill."