s e v e n

The next day Liam nor I needed to be at the school due to testing. I walked out of my room at about ten. I saw Liam walking down the hall to his room. He glared at me as I walked past him then down the stairs.

My mom was waiting for me at the bottom.

"What do you want mom?"

"I heard the two of you fighting last."

"And? Siblings fight!"

"Yes, and I figured you'd want to have a day out of the house."

"If you're going to question why I was out late last night, it's not happening." I said.

She handed me two hundred dollar bills.

"What is this for?"

"I told you we weren't in debt anymore."

I nodded.

"Go out and treat yourself today."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded. I smiled and ran back up the stairs.

"Maybe you can use the money to buy some non slutty clothes."

"Liam, this happened forever ago, why are you just now mad at this? You've known since it happened."

"Because you're already trying to get with Scott."

"Get with Scott?" i asked. "I don't even like him! He's dating Kira. Like what the fuck Liam."

He flashed his yellow beta eyes at me, letting his claws and fangs show. I furrowed my eyesbrows together.

"Liam, remember you don't need mom to see you as a monster."

He attacked me, scratching my arm. I pushed him in his room, shutting the door. I looked down at my arm as it bled.

I looked up at the door. A tear fell down my face. I went into my room and cleaned it up. Then I changed and bandaged it. I ran down the stairs with my purse and phone. I grabbed my keys from the dish and got in my car.

I buckled myself and looked up at Liam's window to see him looking down. We made eye contact, his yellow eyes still showed. He blinked them away and I pulled out of the driveway.

I picked up my phone, trying to call Scott. He didn't answer so I called the only other person I knew.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Can we meet?"

"Why?"

"It's Liam."

"Starbucks?"

"Thank you."

------------

I pulled into the parking lot and saw him sitting inside. I walked in and hovered over his table until he noticed me.

"Brett." I said and he looked up.

"Sit, please."

I took a seat across from him.

"What happened?"

"Last night we were talking, about the situation with you and the coach." I said. "And he got so pissed off, then today he just turned. And he scratched me."

"He's still learning control." He sat back. "Plus, kids got some anger issues."

We sat quietly for a minute.

"Do people still talk about me?" I asked. He sat forward.

"Sugar coat or truth."

"Truth, please."