f o r t y - s i x

About a Year Later.

I sat at the desk in my office at the high school. I was writing detention slips. The door opened. I looked up and saw Theo.

"Hey." I said, quietly.

"Is she sleeping?" He asked, referring to the baby.

I nodded. He shut the door quietly and set the bags of take out on my desk in front of me.

"I figured you'd be hungry." He said.

"I'm starving." I smiled. "Thank you."

He walked over to the little crib I had set up behind for the baby.

"When does she need to be fed?"

I looked at the time, seeing it'd been three hours since she'd last been fed.

"Pretty soon actually." I said.

"Where's the diaper bag?"

"In the cabinet." I said.

He opened it and grabbed it out. He grabbed one of the bottles and one of the cans with the breast milk in it. He dumped it into the bottle as I stood. I picked up the baby, turning towards Theo. Her eyes opened as she started to fuss. I smiled as I handed her off to Theo. There was a knock on the door and it opened slightly. I saw as Nolan poke his head in.

"Hey Nolan." I smiled, sitting at my desk.

He walked in, shutting the door behind him. He sat in the seat on the opposite side of the desk.

"Why aren't you in class?" Theo asked.

"Free period." Nolan replied.

"You want some?" I asked, motioning to the Taco Bell take out.

"Please." He said.

I reached inside and grabbed out two hard tacos. I handed them to him, along with a couple hot sauces. I grabbed my burrito as Theo fed the baby.

"She's got such pretty eyes." Theo stated.

"It's the one thing she gets from both Brett and I." I replied, peeling back the paper on the burrito. "Oh, hey. Liam said Scott is hanging with his mom these next two weeks and he wants to have a dinner with us all there."

"Does that include me?" Nolan asked.

"Yes, that includes you Nolan." I smiled. "You're on our side now."

He smiled, "Oh did you get the text from my mom about Christmas break?"

"I did, and yes. You can stay with me those two weeks." I smiled, then looked up at Theo. "With us."

"You're the best!" Nolan said, getting up from his seat as the bell rang. I stood up also because I had a meeting I needed to go to. Nolan opened the door as I kissed Theo's cheek.

"Liam has this period off, so will you stay until he shows up?" I asked.

"Of course."

"Thank you so much." I kissed the babies head. "See you soon Cora."

I walked over to the door with Nolan. He shut my office door behind us and we walked out to the hall.

"See you later Blaire. I'm still coming over, right?"

"Of course." I said and gave him a fist bump as he walked down the hall. I walked the opposite way, smiling at the thought of him being so out of his shell. He was such a great kid and I'm glad that he got to show the world.