t w e n t y - n i n e

The next day I went to Devenford because Brett forgot one of his textbooks at my house. When I walked into the school people immediately started staring at me. I looked at all the familiar faces. 

I walked down the hall and saw Brett. I walked over to him as he talked to some friends. 

"Hey." I said. 

"Oh damn, Blaire Dunbar. Coming back?" One of his friends asked. 

"No, Brett left his textbook and I didn't need to go to first period so I came." I said.

"Thanks." Brett said and kissed my cheek. 

"I gotta get back to school, but I'll see you at the game?"

He nodded. I walked back down the hall and outside. I went outside and got in my car. When I got back to Beacon Hills I went straight to school. I walked through the doors and Malia.

"Where's everyone at?" I asked. 

"Argent bunker and Lydia is at the Stilinski house." 

I nodded and walked to my locker. 

------

After school I went out to the field. I sat on the bleacher, worried about the game. My knee bounced as my heart beat got faster. 

"I can smell your anxiety from across the field." Brett said as he sat down next to me. 

"Well, I'm pretty worried." I said. He slid his hand into mine. 

"Why are they bumping into their own team?" Brett asked. 

"Those kids have been marked." I said. "I see your sister is here." I smiled at him. 

"She was bored. Thought I might as well." 

I laid my head on his shoulder. The wind picked up. 

"I think they're here." I said to Brett. Then it started raining. 

"Yeah, they're here." 

"Oh my god." I said and ran onto the field. I stood next to my brother, Scott and Corey. "Guys."

They gathered everyone as the ghost riders got closer. 

I got in front of Liam and everyone. 

"Stay behind me." I yelled to everyone. Brett worked to get everyone inside the building. 

The ghost riders got closer. 

One of them shot as we all turned, their bullet didn't hit anyone though. I looked up and saw there was an aura around us. 

"I did it." I said. But they all shot and broke. "Shit." 

Liam growled and attacked one. They threw him off as the others shot. I threw my hand up, pushing a force towards one of the bullets. It flew out of the way. 

Then I heard one final bullet as it flew towards me. I tried to push it away. But with no luck It went into me. 

"Oh shit." I said. And then I was gone.