t w e n t y - f o u r

At school the next day I hurried to put stuff in my locker then ran outside to watch as the news station interviewed Brett. I smile as I watched him.

"While tonights game is a charity event we hear Devenford Prep and Beacon Hills have a long - standing rivalry." The news lady said.

I held my hands in the shape of a heart. Brett chuckled at me.

"Devenford always plays to win, but especially when it's for charity." 

"And especially when a hundred percent of the proceeds go to the winning team, isn't that right?"

"Which is why we'll be a hundred percent kicking Beacon Hills ass."

"Tickets still available for purchase. This is Kathleen Cassidy for KQNB." The lady said and signed off. 

I ran over to Brett and smiled as we kissed. 

"Shouldn't you be in class?" He asked. 

"It's only Biology." I shrugged. 

I intertwined our fingers as we began walking slowly  through the courtyard. 

"I thought you said you were failing." 

"I was." I said. "But I finished all the homework, made up the tests and got all the in class stuff finished." 

"Good." He smiled. 

I smiled back at him. 

"I should probably head to the field." He said. 

"Okay." I said. "Good luck tonight." 

We shared another kiss and then he pulled away. He turned to start walking to the field. 

"And Brett." I said. 

He turned and looked at me. 

"You still look good in your school uniform." 

He laughed as I smiled. He started walking back as I let out a happy sigh. 

-------------

That night I made my way to the field. I saw my brother and Scott. 

"Get your pads on." I said. "The games starting soon."

"We're on our way." 

I nodded and ran around the bleachers. I saw Brett and waved at him and gave him a thumbs up. I sat down as watched as both teams ran on the field. I went over to coach. 

"Back at coaching?" I asked. 

"You know it Dunbar." He smiled. 

I smiled back and sat down. I watched the game intently. Kira scored a point, knocking all the Devenford Prep kids over.  

"What the hell." I said. 

"That girl is damn serious about charity." Coach said. 

"Yeah, no kidding." I said.

I saw Scott talk to Kira. Then I saw my brother run over. Brett went up against Kira, pushing her down. He said something and she hit his helmet off his head. Which caused Brett to fall backwards. 

"Brett!" I yelled and ran on the field. I kneeled down next to him. "Are you okay?"

"That was perfect, thanks dude." Liam said to him. I looked at Brett as he looked around. 

"Let's go." I said and grabbed his hand, pulling him up. "You should probably sit out." 

He nodded. I walked him to the bench, grabbing his helmet. I sat next to him. 

"Is your vision blurry?" I asked him. 

"A little, but I'm fine." 

"Brett how many fingers am I holding up?" I asked as I held up two fingers. 

"Two." 

"Okay." I said. I handed him his helmet. "Be safe." 

He gave me a quick kiss before putting his helmet on and then ran to the field. 

I went back over to the Beacon Hills side. 

"What were you doing over with Devenford?" Coach asked. 

"Why would you care?" 

"Little Dunbar hates Devenford." 

"We've all compromised." I said. 

"He kissed you." 

"Okay, so we like each other." I said. "Shouldn't you be focused on coaching?"

He gave me glare but watched as the game played out. I saw a timeout get called. I gave Liam a kiss on the head. 

"You're doing good." I said and ran over to Brett. 

"Hey." He smiled. 

"You're doing perfect." I smiled. 

The whistle blew and I gave Brett a kiss on the cheek. They all ran back on the field. Liam scored. 

 "Little Dunbar is picking up the pace." Coach said. 

"That's my brother." I smiled. 

"He's good, one of the best players."

Then I saw people running for the high school. I found Brett and ran over. 

"What is going on?"

"The beast." 

"The beast was coming and no one told me?"

"We were keeping you safe!" 

"Brett!" I said. "I can help!"

"You barely know your powers." 

"Fine, I'm useless I guess." 

I threw my hands up and ran to the high school. I saw people running as I searched for my brother. 

"Anyone seen Liam!?" I yelled. 

I turned and came face to face with the beast. 

"Oh my god." I said as I breathed harder. I backed up slowly before turning fast. I let out a scream as I ran. But the beast knocked me down. I felt blood come from my back as I fell. 

"Blaire!" Brett yelled as the Beast ran away. Brett picked me up and carried me into room. Inside the room was Stiles, my brother and Hayden.

"Guys the beast got her." 

"The best got her brother too." Stiles said. 

Brett sat me against the wall. 

"Blaire breath." 

I shook my head, "I can't. It hurts."

Tears ran down my face. 

"Let me die, I'll come back." I said. 

"What if you don't get another chance?" Brett said. 

"Then it's for the best." I said. 

"I'm not letting it happen." 

"You're gonna have to." 

Brett held my hand. 

"Why can't I take your pain?"

"Because it doesn't hurt." I smiled. "I-If I'm really gone. Then Brett y-you should know."

"What should I know?" 

"I-I love you." I said and looked into his eyes. He set his lips on mine. I kissed back, but soon it all fell to nothingness.