f o r t y - t h r e e

Liam, Theo, Scott and I were at the animal clinic. I sat, curled up in a chair. Scott, Malia and Lydia had found another Anuk-ite body, along with a cell phone. We were listening to the message left on the phone for about the third time. 

When it finished, I looked over at Scott.

"You pulled this off one of the bodies in the woods?" Theo asked.

"Malia did." Liam told him. 

"Yeah, there were six dead bodies, one of them had no face." Scott said. 

"Okay, so the one with no face, you think that's the women on the phone?" Theo asked. 

"Maybe." Scott said. 

"It's the same thing that happened to Aaron." Mason said. "It took over his body, basically stole his face and DNA. So that means, whoever this women is, she could be the other half of the Anuk-ite." 

"Which means she's just half of the problem." Theo said. "The other half we already know about, Aaron." 

"We don't know where he is." Liam shook his head. 

"Okay, hold on. Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? If we know about one half, let's just go for that one, that's Aaron." Theo said. 

"I'm not agreeing with Theo, but I do think it'd be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on a phone."

"That's agreeing with Theo." Liam said. 

"Yeah. But I thought I'd try and soften the blow a bit." 

"Is everyone completely shocked that I might be right?" 

"Blaire's not." Liam mumbled. 

"Yeah, because I know how to believe in people." I snapped. "He's right, and you're mad." 

"Maybe we're all right, maybe we should be looking for both, Aaron and the women on the phone. I mean, since you guys agree...." Scott trailed

"Wait, you mean, me and..." Mason started.

"Him?" Theo asked.

"Yeah, you two find Aaron." Scott said. 

"I think Blaire should come with us." Mason said. 

Both Theo and Mason looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"I'm sorry guys, but I'm really tired." I said. 

"Liam and I will try and figure out whose voice is on the phone." Scott said. "Blaire, can go home and rest." 

I nodded and stood, pulling the sweatshirt I took from Theo down over my butt. I slid my feet into my slides. Theo and Mason walked out, I followed behind. 

"Here." Theo said and handed Mason his keys. 

Mason took them, shaking his head and going to Theo's truck. I walked to my car as Theo followed. I unlocked it and open the door. 

"Are you going to be okay?" Theo asked. 

"I'll be fine Theo, honestly, stop worrying." 

"At least I care." He said. "I could go back to the old Theo." 

"You know." I said. "That Theo was actually pretty badass and sexy." 

"Haha." He said. 

"I'll see you later, be safe." I smiled. 

"No promises." 

"And don't kill Mason, please." 

"Again, no promises."