t h i r t y - n i n e

Later Liam and I were called to the sheriff station. We stood in the sheriff's office with Sheriff, Lydia, Scott, Malia and Quinn.

Sheriff dropped a file on the desk, "I'm not letting them out. We've got two bodies, covered in slash marks. They confessed to killing two people."

"Hunters." Scott said. 

"People, Scott." He said. "Self defense or not.  They're still here, the other guys are dead. And there's a proccess I have to follow." 

I tensed at the word "dead," I don't like the word considering Brett and Lori. 

"I'm gonna step out." I whispered to Liam, squeezing his arm. 

I walked out, shutting the door behind me. I looked over at Parrish. 

"You okay?" 

"Could say that." I said, giving a shrug. 

That's when Theo walked over. 

"Blaire." He smiled. 

"Hey." I smiled and hugged him tight. "How have you been?"

"The usual." He said as we pulled away. 

I smiled at him, "I'm glad you're back." 

"Sign this and you're free to go." Parrish said. 

Theo stepped over and grabbed the pen. He leaned down to sign it but stopped. 

"Do you hear that?" He asked. 

I looked at him, "Hear what?" 

"You don't hear that, not even with your powers?" He asked. 

"About that..." I trailed. "I'll fill you in later." 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

"I'm fine." I smiled. 

Suddenly there was a burst of light from outside. I covered my eyes as Theo pushed me behind him. 

"The hunters." I said. 

"Get away from the windows. Put those guns away." Sheriff said, walking out of this office. 

"I'm guessing you know who's out there." Parrish said. 

"I got a pretty good idea."

"They'll be armed to the teeth." 

"Which is why I won't be." Sheriff said. 

"You're joking." I said. 

"Blaire." Theo said. "Calm down." 

I threw him a dirty look. 

"I'm going with you." Parrish said. 

"No, you're gonna get some deputies, check the exits and hope we're not completely surrounded. And keep an eye out. Let's make sure we're all on the same side here." Stilinski said. 

He walked over to the door, putting his hand up as he pushed it open. He walked out, putting both hands on the air. 

"I really don't have a good feeling about this." I said. 

"Blaire, we're gonna be fine." 

"I'm gonna be sick." I said and ran into the bathroom. 

I threw up into the toilet as Theo ran in after me. He pulled my hair back. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked as I flushed the toilet, wiping my mouth with a paper towel. 

"Theo." I said.