f or t y - f i v e

I woke up the next morning to my parents yelling. I rubbed my eyes and pushed my covers off. I threw my legs off my bed, letting my bare foot touch the cold hard wood floor. I walked to the door, pushing it open slightly. 

I listened. 

"What the hell am I supposed to tell the kids?" My mom yelled. 

"That's not my problem!" My step father said. 

"You bastard!" My mom cried. "How could you?" 

I heard something break and I pushed my door open in a hurry. I stood at the top of the stairs.

"Get out of my house." My mom said. 

I heard the front door open and slam shut. I ran down the stairs and saw my mom crying on the couch. 

"Mom." I said. 

She looked up with a red, puffy face. I sat and pulled her into a hug. I let her cry. 

-----------------

I shut the door to my bedroom quietly. My mom needed sleep, but she didn't want to sleep in her room where all my step father's things were.

I didn't ask her what happened, I didn't want to push her. My phone rang. I grabbed it, answering it. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Blaire." Liam said. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Can you come to the hospital, like right now?"

"Not really." I said. "I don't feel well." I lied. 

"Okay, hope you feel better." 

I hung up and slid the phone in my pocket. I sighed and looked over at my purse. I walked over and opened it up. I dug through it and grabbed out Brett's phone. 

I clicked the home button and saw the background was us at the beach this past summer. I smiled and unlocked it with my finger print. He had many missed calls and a ton of texts. I clicked on the messages. They were mainly from his devenford budies, thinking it was all a joke, until they realised it wasn't. 

I went to the photos on his phone. For the most part they were of he and I. There were some with his friends and team mates. I smiled as a tear slipped down my face. 

I went onto his instagram and saw it was filled with photos of us. If you didn't know him, you'd think he was obssesed with me. The last post was of us at his lacrosse practice. Lori and Liam were also in the picture. The front door opened and I saw my step dad. 

We made eye contact. 

"I just came back to gather some things." He said. "Is your mother home?" 

"Yes." I said. 

"Where is she?" 

"My bedroom, sleeping. She's too ashamed to sleep in her own bed." 

"Well, I'm going to run up and grab some things."

"I'll come with." I said and stood. I followed him up the stairs to their bedroom. He grabbed a duffle bag and shoved clothes inside, along with his things from the bathroom. 

"That's all for now." He said. 

I nodded and I followed him down the stairs. 

"Look, Blaire, I don't know if she told you-" 

"No, she didn't." I said. "But I know you screwed her over therefore, you will no longer need your key to the locks." 

I held my my out for the key. He looked at me and grabbed his keys. He unhooked the keys to the house and placed them in my palm.