s e v e n t e e n

"I love you Blaire, but I've gotta get over to the field." He said. 

"You're lying." I said. "I heard your heart skip." 

"Would you stop?" He laughed. "I like it better when you didn't know what you were." 

"Go get Hayden." I smiled. "I'll be perfectly fine walking into that school."

"Thanks." He said and ran the opposite direction. 

I took in a breath and walked up to the school doors. I walked in and everyone glanced at me. My eyes met all of theirs before I made myself walk further into the hallway, to my locker. I opened it and grabbed some things out. When I turned everyone was focused on other things. 

I went to my first period and sat down. 

"Ms. Dunbar, glad to have you back." 

"Glad to be back." I smiled. The bell rang, signaling for class to start. 

I sat back in my chair as class when on. 

--------------

I was walking down after first period when I heard an ambulance. Then I saw them rushing down the hall with Corey, Mason runnning after. I looked at everyone then ran after them. 

"He just started bleeding everywhere. I don't...." He said. Scott and Liam ran over. 

"Mason." I said and pulled him into me. "It's okay, Corey is gonna be fine."

"We have to follow them." Theo said. "We have to protect him, right?" 

"Scott." I said. "We need to do something." 

"Scott, this is what you do." Theo said. 

Scott took off inside, Theo after him. Mason and I stood. 

"Mason." I said as he looked around, lost. "Mason!" 

He looked at me. 

"Do you want me to drop you off at home?" I asked. 

He nodded his head fast. I pulled him to my car and we got in. I took off out of the parking lot and to his house. He got out. 

"Thank you." He said. 

"Do you want me to come in?" 

He shook his head. He closed the door and went inside. 

I backed out of the driveway and headed to the hospital. When I ran in I saw Scott and Theo. 

"They're already here." Scott said as I ran up next to them. 

"This wasn't them." Theo said. 

"It was Corey." I finished. 

-----------

I went home because Scott told me I had to. Didn't tell me why but insisted on it. When I got home I ran up to my room, dropping my stuff. I started looking up stuff on the dread doctors. I started doing research on the chimeras. 

I printed things out and flipped through the book about the dread doctors. I scanned my finger down the paper in front of me. I stood, rubbing my eyes as I picked up my bottle of water. I took a drink and sat on my bed, grabbing another paper. 

I read through it, but my eyes fell heavy. I leaned down, laying on my bed. 

-----------

I woke up to a loud knock on my window. 

"Oh my god." I said shooting up. 

I looked over at my window and saw Brett. I got up and opened the window, letting him climb through.