t h i r t y - t h r e e

Once we got to the beach, we all spread out. Liam and Hayden disappeared. Corey and Mason ran strait to the water. Brett and I stripped of our clothes, leaving us in our bathing suites. I grabbed my sunglasses, sliding them on my face. 

"Ready?" Brett asked as he slid his sunglasses on. I grabbed my sandals from my feet and set them on my seat. I shut the door and walked around to the front of the car. 

"Yeppers." 

He smiled and walked over, put his hand in mine. He intertwined our fingers as we walked towards the water. 

"I can't believe that I'm gonna be at Princeton in less than three months." 

"And I can't believe that I'm gonna be here, in Beacon Hills. Alone." 

"Don't try and guilt trip me." I scolded him.

We walked along where the water and sand met. 

"Can I be real sappy for a minute here?" He asked me. 

"Brett? Being Sappy?" I laughed. 

"I'm serious." He smiled. 

"Fine, woo me with your sappiness." 

"Okay, so the past four years haven't been our finest years together." He said. "And I just wanna say that since we've started talking again and started dating I've been so happy. And I feel like my whole world has flipped. You're literally the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I can say that you are literally an angel. One because well you know. And two because I was so close to having to repeat my sophomore year and you swooped in with your knowledge and saved me. And to get to the point, I love you so much Blaire." 

"You woo'd me with your sappiness." I smiled at him. 

He stopped and leaned down to kiss me. We connected our lips as we both smiled. 

"Get a room!" We heard. 

I looked over and saw my brother. 

"Look who's talking!" I yelled. 

"Let's walk."Brett said. 

He pulled me along and we walked. 

"So what are we gonna do?" I asked. 

"What do you mean?"

"Well I am going off to collage." I said. "That's the time where you're supposed to have fun, ya know?" 

"I don't see what you're getting at."

"Are we gonna take a break while I'm away?" I asked. "You know to focus on,  say, different people." 

He smiled at me, stopped and then kneeled down. 

"Brett." I said. "You aren't."

"Oh god no." He said. "I'm still in high school."

I let out a breath of relief. He pulled out something from his pocket. It was a little box, a little ring box.

"Brett you said-" 

"Patience Blaire." He said. He opened the box. "This is no engagement ring. It is a promise ring. but not a normal promise ring. This ring ensures that one day we will find each other. So until this ring is returned to me, I know you're still out there. And you know I'm still out there." 

I smiled. 

"And when you leave for Princeton is when I will finally set you free. But until then, you're mine." 

He stood as he slid the ring on my finger. 

"And I'll be yours until that day comes." 

"But first." He said. 

"First what?" I asked. 

He smiled and pushed me backward, where I landed on my ass in the foot of water. 

"Brett!" I screamed. "What the hell!" 

"Gotta blast." He laughed and ran back near my brother. 

"Oh you're gonna get it." I said and ran after him. 

I caught up eventually and jumped on his back. I laughed and kissed his cheek. 

"Why are you not brutally stabbing me?" He asked. 

"Because I can't do that to someone I love." I said into his ear. 

"Oh who's getting sappy now." 

"Oh shut up." I said. 

He walked, me still on his back. I saw Hayden and Liam, knee deep in the water laughing. 

"They are so cute." I said. 

"Young love." Brett said. 

I laughed at him, "What does that make us?"

"A little less younger love?" He questioned. 

"That made no sense." 

"I know." 

"I love you." I whispered into his ear. 

"I know you do." 

"Uh what the hell." I laughed. "I don't get an 'I Love You' back?"

"I just gave you a promise ring." 

"Touche." 

He laughed as I got off his back. 

"I wanna get in." I said. 

"The water?"

"No, the milk." 

He gave me such a confused look, "All you could come up with is milk?"

"Shut up." I laughed and pushed his face. 

I ran over to the water, throwing myself in. The water splashed up, getting on my sunglasses. 

"Cold!" I screamed. 

"Really now?" Hayden asked as she bent down next to me in the water. 

"Sarcastic? I really like you." I smiled. 

"Good." Liam said as he held out his hand for me. I grabbed it as he pulled me up. 

Hayden stood too. 

"Where'd Brett go?" I asked. 

Liam shrugged. 

I scanned the beach for him, but didn't catch any sight. 

"Where could he have gone?" I asked. 

"Right here." He whispered in my ear from behind me. I screamed as I flailed around, throwing myself against Hayden and Liam. 

Brett bursted into laughter, not being able to control it. 

"Ha Ha Ha." I said. "You scared me." 

"Well I mean you did scream."

"I hate you." I said.

"I'm sure you do." He pushed hair behind my ear. Then Leaned in and kissed me.

A smile spread across my face as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Blaire, what's wrong?" Brett asked.

" I'm just gonna miss you guys so much. I'm actually leaving for college soon."

"Well personally, I'm ready for you to leave." Liam said, placing his arm around Hayden.

I laughed as I shook my head, a tear rolled down my face.

"You're gonna miss me the most." I said.

He smiled, then looked away and wiped his face.

"Are you crying?" Hayden smiled.

"Maybe." Liam laughed.

"Loser." I said, causing a laugh to escape everyone.

"We'll see each other again." Brett said.

"I know." I smiled.

------------
this was just a filler while i was waiting for 6b & it's kinda stupid