t w e n t y - s i x

[Season 6]

I sat on Brett's bed doing some homework as I watched him play his xbox. He sat on the floor next to his bed.

"Brett." I leaned down and said into his ear. "Are you having fun?"

He looked at me and smiled, "It'd be better if you weren't so focused on your school work."

"I have to work my ass of this year to guarantee my spot in Princeton." I said.

"You know you don't have to go so far away for college." He said.

"But I've been wanting to go to Princeton since I was in sixth grade." I said and ran my fingers through his hair.

He smiled and kissed me and then my phone rang. I pulled away an groaned as I grabbed it.

I saw Stiles' name and I answered.

"Stiles." I said. "If this is about one of your 'the police need our help' moments then please hang up now."

"Uhm, no the police really do need our help."

"How?"

"They found a kid, can't remember his parents. Meet us at the station."

"Fine." I said and stood. I hung up.

"I've got to go." I told Brett.

"I'm starting to think Stiles just calls to get you away from me."

"Trust me, he calls me at two in the morning sometimes. It's not just you."

I gave him one last kiss before walking out and to my car. I drove to the station and pulled around to the back as I saw Scott and Stiles. I parked and got out. Then I saw Malia jump over in her coyote form.

She turned back to her human form. Lydia tossed me her clothes and I handed them to her.

"I don't think they're dead." Lydia said.

"They're dead, probably torn apart. The only thing I don't get is why there's no blood."

"They're not dead. If they were dead, I'd sense it." Lydia replied.

"If they were alive, I'd smell it."

"Yeah, I'm not getting anything either." Scott said.

"Scott what are you talking about? You were in his head for four minutes. I timed it."

"Well it's not an exact science. And he's a kid. Maybe he's too freaked out to remember."

"Why does it matter if they're dead?" I asked.

"Your an angel, ask God." Stiles asked.

"For the hundredth time, that's not how it works."

"They're dead." Malia said.

"It's been like three months since anything supernatural has happened." Stiles said.

"Yeah, and once a week you drag both me and Lydia out of bed or away from what we're doing." I said.

"Okay, it is way more often than that." He said. "You can't tell me that this is some series of impossible coincidences."

"What she's saying, is maybe that wouldn't be so bad." Lydia said.

Malia and Lydia walked away. I stayed put and crossed my arms.

"Why aren't you leaving?" Scott asked me.

"You guys already ruined my night with Brett. Might as well stay."

Stiles got back in the car and sat. Scott and I walked over.