t w e l v e

[SEASON FIVE]

I sat with Scott and Stiles on top of Stiles' jeep. We all examined the full moon. It was late and I was tired but it was nice out.

"Alright so I found some cool two bedrooms in the mission district but they're pretty expensive." Stiles said to Scott. "A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive."

"What about Berkley?" Scott asked him. "Don't a lot of students live around there?"

"Yeah, yeah. We could try Nob Hill, but the jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches." 

"You're bringing the jeep?" Scott asked. 

"You know the plan, Okay? No one gets left behind, that's the plan. Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's uh, gonna, you know she'll figure something out, okay? And Blaire over here is going to....." He trailed. 

"Princeton." I replied. 

"See, the plan's perfect." Stiles said. 

"Or we can wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." Scott said.

"I have a vision dude, okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision. Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet." 

Scott stared at the moon, as did I. Stiles looked up. Thunder rumbled. 

"You alright? Starting to feel it?" Stiles asked him. 

"No, just thinking." 

"About what?" 

"Senior year?" I asked, sliding off of the roof of the jeep onto the hood. 

Scott nodded. 

"Senior year? Come on. That's nothing. That's gonna be easy."

"It's more like something Deaton told me once." He said."Ever hear of regression to the mean?"

"No, I don't think so."

"It's basically his way of saying everything levels out. Life can't be all bad or all good."

"Things have been okay lately." I said. 

"Right, we've been in the middle for a while." Scott said. "Which means at some point the scale has to tip one way or the other."

"Things are gonna get really good again or really bad." I said. 

Lightening struck the sky.

"Think it's been long enough?" Stiles asked.

"Yes!" Liam yelled. We all looked over at him. 

"Excuse us, trying to have an adult conversation over here." 

I reached over and thumped Stiles' forehead.

"You're two years older than me. And I'm fine, just let me go." Liam said. 

Scott hopped down and walked over to unchain him with Stiles. They started talking about Liam's last full moon. 

"It was one slip up!"

"Slip up?" Stiles asked. "A dozen calls to the sheriff department about a monstrous dog-boy running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked. That's a slip up?"

"Why were you naked?" Scott asked. 

"It was really hot out that night, okay? Let me go." 

Stiles looked at me, "Why'd you let him out naked."