Part Three (Edited)

It was the next day and everyone was getting their meal which wasn't the normal slop on a plate, Winters stood in the kitchen watching the men cook and eat the spaghetti. Rose smiled at him as she passed and made her way to sit with her friends, Bill Guarnere sat in one of the spaces next to Frank and then he patted the seat next to him for Rose who gladly took it. 

"You ain't gotta eat it," he told Frank who was complaining that it wasn't real spaghetti.

"come on..." Frank began to speak but Rose blocked it out as she pushed the food around her plate, she was pulled out of her thoughts when Bill asked, "You alright Tiny?"

Rose looked towards the man who was staring at her worriedly, "Yeah Billy, I'm fine... it's just... why's Sobel being nice? I just suppose I'm a bit on edge"  and Rose had a right to be because before she could take a bite a loud whistle filled the air. Sobel's annoying voice followed, "Orders change, get up!" he shouted, "Easy company is running up Currahee." Rose looked towards Bill. She grabbed his hand gave it a gentle squeeze and smiled at him as the company left the room to get ready to run up the stupid mountain. 

As the company of soldiers ran the men began to vomit and Rose cringed every time one of them did, she knew they could get seriously ill and she would have to be there for them through the night. She was mentally preparing a list in her head of the things she would need to block out Sobel's shouts. Towels! "You're a washout Private Hoobler" Buckets! "looks like Gordons done" Water! "Private Randleman you look tired" Blankets! Rose was brought out of her thoughts when George began to sing "We fall upon the risers" and then the rest of easy company joined in.

"We fall upon the grass
We never land upon our feet
We always hit our ass

Hedi Hedi Christ almighty
Who the hell are we
Zim Zam God damn
We're Airborne Infantry"