Part Two

The next day Rose was getting ready to move out, she was helping Roe pack up all the medical supplies onto the trucks, the pair of medics were pulled out of their casual conversation by Nixon shouting "it's not even her dog! its my dog!" Rose looked over and saw that Winters were talking to him so she she carried on packing the supplies and walked to find someone to sit with. Rose found a space next to Luz who helped her onto the truck. Easy started to sing Blood on the Risers as they moved out and Rose smiled slightly loving how happy everyone sounded "Gory, Gory, What a helluva way to die, Gory, Gory, What a helluva way to die, Gory, Gory, What a helluva way to die, He ain't gonna jump no more"

The company sang for what felt like hours through the forests and soon the song finished and conversations broke out. Rose looked to the other side of Luz at Janovec, a replacement, who was reading a newspaper "what you reading Janovec?" Luz asked as he played with the baseball he had found, the replacement in question answered "an article" Rose leaned over and asked "what's it about?" The man looked up slightly as he answered "it's about why we're fighting the war" Luz nodded his head jokingly and asked "why're we fighting the war Janovec?" the replacement stumbled over his words slightly "its says the germans are bad, very bad" Rose laughed slightly when Luz turned to her "did you hear that, the germans are bad" Luz made a face at her before he went back to playing with the baseball in his hand "learn something new everyday" Rose looked across her to see Liebgott and Web talking "what did you study?" Joe asked and Web answered "literature" Joe lit up a cigarette and said "get out, i love to read, flash Gordon, dick tracey mostly" Rose laughed before interrupting them "i think he studies better literature than that Joe"

Days into the journey the trucks passed by the three hundred Germans that had surrendered and seeing them caused Web to have a little bit of a melt down which was understandable. As the trucks passed a little barn that stood at the side of the road, three german soldiers were pushed out by two french soldiers and knelt down, Rose turned her head into Joe's shoulder as she figured out what was going to happen, she didn't flinch when she heard the gunshots but she didn't want to watch it. When she looked back she saw O'Keefe staring at her, she smiled sadly before saying "it's more personal for them, the Germans invaded their country" Easy company finally made it to a small town, were patrols were sent out to scan the area. Rose volunteered to go with a patrol as something to do, so she joined Pat, Bull, Perconte, Luz and O'Keefe. She walked beside Pat at the front as they shared a cigarette, Rose heard Bull walk up to O'Keefe "why the hell you so jumpy boy? i can hear your heart pounding in Arkansas boy" Pat smiled at Rose before he turned around "jesus christ give the kid a break Bull" Rose smiled as she slowed down a bit "hey George" Frank said getting the attention of the radio man behind him "does it kinda remind you of Bastogne?" Rose looked at Frank with her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion "yeah, now that you mention it" Luz started "except of course there's no snow, we got warm grub in our bellies, and the trees aren't fucking exploding from kraut artillery but yeah other than that it's a lot like Bastogne" Frank looked around oblivious to the sarcasm that dripped from Luz's words "Bull smack him for me please" Luz asked and when he heard the sound of a hand hitting a helmet he smiled at rose "thank you"

The group carried on walking, the only sound filling the air was their feet hitting the ground, not even birds could be heard and that scared Rose a bit. "it's quiet" Rose stated looking over at the men who looking around them "it's too quiet" For some reason Rose's feet pulled her in a direction away from the other men who followed the medic quickly, they soon came out from the cover of the trees and Rose sighed as silence filled the group Rose looked to her left and saw Frank staring at what they had found "Frank, go get Winters" Rose ordered before looking back at what had caught their attention.