Portal Mishap •Part 2•

It had been half an hour since they had time-traveled to 2019. After making Alicia understand, Present Malec went to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast while the time travelers poured all the love to their piece of heart.

Now, they were all sitting in the living room with their breakfast and coffee in hand while Alicia sat on Magnus' lap, chewing her diced fruits and playing with his unique necklace now and then.

Present Malec was still processing everything they learned, neither of them was able to speak, they were just gazing at their little piece of heart who was busy playing with future Magnus' necklaces.

Present Magnus was completely awestruck by his future self, at how confident he was in handling kids, how there was no shield between the couple, and at how there was no trace of self-doubt while he was still frightened about almost everything. Even after being in a successful relationship and having kids, he was still scared to fail in both.

Present Alec was gazing at his future self too, still not able to believe that he'll be immortal in a few years, that he'll be the Clave one day and will rule the whole shadow world. He just wasn't meant for it, he was a soldier, just a soldier. His sister, his brothers, they were so much better than him. That's why his sister was the head and Jace was approached by Clave to be the Inquisitor. He couldn't understand how he could become the Consul.

A gasp escaped from his mouth when future Alec's eyes turned icy crystal. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Every eye turned towards him upon his reaction.

"Darling, what happened?"

"Ey...eyes..." Present Alec stuttered, "my... your... eyes... they're.. crystal..."

Alec blinked his eyes, not realizing that they had changed and as if on cue, a wailing noise echoed in the whole house. "Krystle..." both Alec and present Magnus said in unison.

"Looks like you realized that she's going to wake up." Magnus teased his husband earning an eye roll.

"Shut up, Mags. You know it doesn't work like that!"

"What are you both talking about? Is Kristle too...?" Present Magnus trailed off, heart beating ten times faster.

"Um, none of our kids are going to be normal shadowhunter or downworlder. They'll all be mixed species, immortal." Alec spoke truthfully. "And Kristle, well, she's the one who turned me immortal."

"What!?" Present Malec exclaimed in unison. "Hold on," present Magnus said, "what do you mean 'all'? H..how many kids are we going to have?"

"Ahh..." Magnus bit his lip. "Five."

"F..five..." Present Alec repeated but was taken out of his daze when the wailing kept growing. "Magnus, go check on her please?"

"She must be hungry..." Alec said, rainbow colors reflecting in his crystal eyes as her wailing became louder and louder.

"You can bring her here," Magnus reassured, "her mind, it's different. She has... two brains. These mind illusions don't affect her."

"Two brains!?" Present Alec exclaimed.

"I'll bring her..." present Magnus ran towards the bedroom and a moment later, a two-month-old Kristle was wailing in his arms as he swayed her every now and then. "Shhh... my little star... shhh... what do you need, hmm? You need your milk..."

Malec exchanged a look as they gazed at the two years old lovingly. "I completely forgot she used to be this chubby." Alec chuckled, bit his lip, then outstretched his hands. "Can I hold her?"

Present Magnus looked at present Alec who nodded reassuringly so he walked towards Alec and carefully placed her in future Alec's hand, and not even a second later, she was giggling in her dada's arms.