Melodious Escape ~ 2

**********************************

*4 hours later*

*Souls and melodies soundstage*

*Brooklyn*

Alec's hands trembled as he entered the most famous building of their city. Every person desired to enter its premises, to meet the band who captured everyone's heart at an early age, and here he was, doing exactly what he too dreamt of years ago. The doors and hallways felt like a giant maze, distracting him from his destination but he finally managed to find his way to the reception. Taking a deep breath, he tried to shrug off his nervousness.

"Umm, h..hi. I was called for an interview with Soulshatters."

"Name?"

"Alec Lightwood."

"I'm sorry Sir," the receptionist looked up from the monitor, "Your name's not there."

"W.. what? No, please look again. It... It should be there."

"I'm sorry but there's no entry of Alec Lightwood here. May I see your application form and the entry card ID we sent you?"

"Form?" Alec's chest dropped at the mention of belongings he needed to carry. Magnus didn't mention anything as such and this opportunity meant everything to him. He got so excited that he didn't even research the format of their interview.

"Yes, form. And an entry ID. You have one right?"

"Umm... can... can you please call Magnus Bane? He... he called me personally. I don't have the form or any ID."

The receptionist gave him a skeptical look. "Magnus called you personally? Do I look like a fool to you? I'm calling security right-"

"You aren't a fool, but you certainly sound like a typical mean blonde receptionist, Lydia," Magnus said as he took the landline from the receptionists, Lydia's hand, and put it down, panting heavily. "Yes, I called him personally. Sorry to keep you waiting Alec." He said with a cheerful smile. "I completely lost track of time. Should've kept a reminder."

"It's alright, Mr... Mag... Magnus."

"Holy heck!? Have you found him in the woods or something, Magnus? Coz' that's the only place you go alone." Lydia cocked her brow at Magnus.

"Shut up, Ly. Don't mind her, Alec, she's a bitch only from outside."

"Hey!" Lydia smacked Magnus from the magazine kept on her desk.

"Ow! That hurts you bitch." Magnus rubbed the spot and turned towards Alec, whose mouth was hung open wide. "Don't worry, we're all family here, it's common between us to talk in this manner. You'll get familiar soon. Come on, this way."

....

"Woah! This is huge." Alec scanned the tiniest details of the studio, sinking it in his mind, trying to make a long-lasting impression if he gets rejected. The main stage was designed like that of an auditorium, leaving a large space for the setup that conjoined the recording studio where most probably Magnus had recorded all his songs.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to the others. They might be in the canteen. Nobody misses the half-fried egg and sausage sandwich. It's heavenly."

"Ok.. okay..." Alec said and kept walking behind Magnus. As the door to the canteen opened, every pair of eyes turned towards them and Alec's heart almost dropped from all the attention.

"Hey, Magnus! Ooh, my new partner?" A small-framed, redheaded girl said in a cheerful tone, chewing onto her salad that looked bland and uninteresting.

"Hey, biscuit!" Magnus said after picking up an apple from the fruit basket. "If he passes our annoying manager's sharp eyes, then yes. Where is he, by the way?"