Beautiful Evening

!W: Mention of strong language and light smut!

**********************************

Magnus was exhausted, pissed off and just wanted to get back to his apartment and sulk on his bed without caring about anything else in the world. His day was shitty as hell, boring meetings, dealing with arrogant clients, a recent fashion show getting postponed and a blast from the past, literally. And to top all of it, he was hangry as hell and the take out place he usually orders from was closed today, making him more frustrated.

Slamming the door shut of his car and locking it, he walked towards the elevator and pushed the button to the floor of his apartment. Leaning back against the walls of it, he closed his eyes and exhaled a loud deep breath. The elevator bell dinged indicating that he was on his floor.

He walked out and took out the keys from his jacket pocket as he reached his apartment's door. Sliding in the keys, he opened the door only to reveal a beautiful sight in front of his eyes making him gasp.

He was about to walk in when he noticed a trail of rose petals creating a pathway for him. Breathing in, his nostrils consumed a sweet smell of variant of roses and chocolates and a soft smile automatically appeared on his face. Careful of not ruining the pathway, he walked in, took off his jacket, and hung it on the coat rack then removed his shoes and kept his bag on the nearby table he found.

He looked around his loft with a soft smile. The whole apartment was decorated with scented candles and it's flames were illuminating his loft in all the beautiful way possible. He kept walking where the pathway of rose petals led him to. When the trail ended he was met with the circular coffee table placed right in the centre of the balcony from where the night sky was clearly visible.

The scented candles were decorated in a heart-shaped in the centre of the table which was filled with red rose petals. Around it was a blast of food items that looked like a feast. It was definitely a full course meal which consisted of baked chicken wings, spiced pita chips with spinach dip, mashed potatoes, Waldorf salad, barbequed shrimps, spaghetti with meatballs, minted pot rice stew, grilled chicken breast, mac and cheese, dark forest mini cake, mango key lime cheesecake, chocolate-dipped strawberries and lastly tiny caramel-filled chocolate balls with a bottle of red wine kept in the centre of a heart shaped candle.

Magnus' stomach grumbled looking at the variety of food kept in front of him. His mouth watered as he quickly paced towards the table and picked up the chicken wings, biting into the juicy chicken as the tangy and spicy flavours blasted in his mouth making him moan. Halfway through the moan, he felt a pair of strong arms snaking around his waist, a soft chuckle, and a kiss on his shoulder.

"Someone's that hungry?"

"Mmm... starving!" Magnus turned around in the cage of his boyfriend, Alexander Lightwood's arms, gave him a quick peck then raised the piece of chicken wings in front of his mouth as Alec bit into it too.

"*cough* Too spicy, I should've added a little more sugar sauce." Alec unwrapped his arms and poured himself some ice water kept on the table.

"Nope, it's perfect! Just like you!" Magnus kept the chicken piece on his plate then placed a feather-light kiss on his boyfriend's cheek. He felt so happy to have someone like Alexander Lightwood in his life. That man was utter perfection. He was a well-known chef and the head chef in his father's restaurant. A kind and selfless person but an orphan who had lost his whole family in an accident five years ago. Magnus always blamed the god for giving such a hard life to his boyfriend but that can't be changed now so he always tried to keep him as happy as possible.

"You say that because you love spicy food!" Alec shook his head and pulled out the chair for Magnus.

Magnus smiled warmly, sat on the chair, and pecked Alec's lips, trying to hide his nervousness because he didn't remember what occasion was it. Alec sat on his chair too and served them both but the way Magnus was fidgeting didn't go unnoticed.