War of hearts

Prompt suggested by 6Ahirbhairav6 hope you'll enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Come to me
In the night hours
I will wait for you
And I can't sleep
'Cause thoughts devour
Thoughts of you consume~~

Alec was tossing and turning on his bed as he couldn't sleep. He was thinking about all the good memories, all the best things that had happened to him in the previous one year. He met one of the kindest souls to ever exist on this planet, Magnus Bane, his favourite drag queen whom he had idolized for years. They became good friends then to his own shock, became boyfriends. They were dating from a few months and he was sure he was already falling in love with him.

Turning, he picked up the picture of Magnus that was kept inside the book from the side table and ran his fingers over Magnus' spotless, beautiful face. A smile crept upon his face as he kept admiring his features.

"You mean the world to me, Magnus. Thank you for coming in my life." He whispered to himself as a sad smile formed on his lips. His life was a complete misery before Magnus happened and now he felt like he was the happiest person on earth. There was a spark in him which lights up everything around him and yet it's been around a year and he wasn't able to tell one of the biggest secrets about himself to Magnus. He was scared to lose the man he was falling in love with. It was stupid, he knew it was. Magnus was one of the most open-minded person he met yet he still was afraid to share one of the biggest secret to him.

A sudden thud against his window broke his chain of thoughts and his heartbeats quickened as another loud bang shuttered his windows.

"Who... who's there?" He slowly turned towards the window frames and asked in a frightened voice then gulped.

"Phssss! It's me, open!" A familiar soft brown eyes and spiked up hair appeared on his window and he sighed as he put his palm above his racing heart then got up and walked towards his idiot boyfriend.

"Magnus! You idiot! You scared the hell out of me!" He whisper yelled as he helped him to sneak in.

"Sorry...." Magnus softly whispered and pecked his boyfriend's lips. Alec sighed and shook his head as they walked towards his bed.

"You know you could've just walked in from the front door, right? Nobody would have minded."

"And what's the fun in that?" Magnus grinned as he fell back on his boyfriend's cozy bed but suddenly his eyes fell on his own photograph and his mouth fell open. He picked it up before Alec could snatch it from him. It was a snapshot of one of the behind the scenes of his drag show and he had no idea that his boyfriend had this one printed out.

"Really, darling? You keep my photo? Were you talking to it before I came?" His voice held surprise, amusement, and curiosity as a deep shade of red crept up on Alec's cheeks.

"Uhh... umm..."

~~I can't help but love you
Even though I try not to
I can't help but want you
I know that I'd die without you~~

Magnus held his boyfriend's wrist and pulled him down as Alec landed on top of him with a cute yelp making Magnus grin and placed a loving and sweet kiss on his lips.

"You know, now that I'm here, tell me what you were saying to my photo which I didn't know you had by the way!?"

"Nah ah! That's between me and your photo. Live in suspense forever. Besides, what are you doing here?" Alec asked as he held his waist and twisted them so now Magnus was on top of him as they laid down comfortably on his bed.