Play day.

A low whine rung in Alec's ears making him stir in his sleep who was sprawled under the blankets. Soft zephyrs were sweeping in through the ajar window and the soft blue curtains were dancing on the rhythm of it. As the painful whines increased in pitch, he slowly fluttered his eyes open, adjusting them to the brightness of the early morning, and noticed his husband's wolf form sprawled over his torso and the soft yet painful whines he was making, indicating that he was having a nightmare making him worried.

"Alpha?" He softly whispered in his morning husky voice and ran his fingers through his brown fur, adjusting his position so that his face could rest just above his scent gland.

"Kmmpphh... Kmmmppphhh... Kkkpphhh..."

"Alpha? Wake up, alpha." He held the front leg gently that his wolf was pawing in the air as he kept whimpering. Last night when they slept, Magnus was in his human form and was cuddling in his arms so he had no idea when and why he shifted into his wolf form but he certainly wasn't liking the sounds he was making. "Alpha...."

Snuggling closer, he proceeded to give him belly rubs which finally seemed to make the whimpering wolf calm a little. After good fifteen minutes of soft and soothing belly rubs, Magnus slowly opened his eyes and the first thing he noticed was his mate's worried hazel eyes. He tried to speak but then realized that he was in his wolf form. Lifting his head from the crook of his husband's neck, he gazed at his body then at the sweet omega with adoration who was still giving him soft belly rubs.

"Alpha? Are you okay?"

Licking his mouth, Magnus rested his head over the man's chest and pawed his front leg over Alec's mouth, and that was all Alec needed to know that he was completely fine.

"You had me worried, love. I didn't even realize when you shifted, but I'm not complaining." A warm smile crept on his face when he felt his husband's fluffy tail wagging against his lap.

Magnus slowly blinked but lifted his head to gaze out of the window when he felt the familiar soft breeze hitting his thick soft fur and noticed that the streets were covered in thick coats of snow making him realize that it had been storming for long. His tail wagged in excitement as he witnessed the snowflakes pouring down from the sky. As a true shapeshifting alpha wolf, it was his territory, the snow, which made him realize how and why he must have shifted in the middle of the night.

Alec looked in the direction where his husband was gazing with excitement and a loud gasp escaped from his lips as soon as he noticed the snowfall. Now he realized what caused his mate to shift.

"Wow, it's so beautiful." He turned towards his mate and saw how he was rolling on his torso from the excitement making him laugh wholeheartedly. "Stop it, weirdo."

"Awwwwwoooooooo!"

"Magnus, really? Not everyone in our neighborhood knows you're shapeshifting alpha so please, stop howling!"

A snarl escaped from Magnus' throat at that making Alec chuckle. "Hey! Behave, else-" he was cut off mid-sentence when a frightened yelp echoed in the room. Tilting his head towards the direction of it, he saw that their daughter was standing beside the open door, holding her teddy bear tightly and looking at Magnus with her tiny frightened hazel eyes.

"Hey, Maddie..." Alec cooed.

"Da... danjerr... big wolfie..." she pointed towards Magnus' wolf form while trying to hide behind the door.

"No, Maddie, it's pa. You've seen pa like this before, hmm? At your birthday, remember?" He tried to reassure, knowing well that her interactions with Magnus' shifted form were very less and that needs to change now.