The Return - Chapter 9

*Lightwood Farmhouse*

Magnus was gripping his hand as they moved closer towards the entrance. There was a thick layer of tension in the air, conveying that the truth was out. Jace, Izzy, Clary, and Simon were walking beside them and he was really grateful that they loved them, loved his husband despite knowing who he was, despite knowing why he decided to become a criminal for his husband.

"I'm scared, darling," Magnus whispered.

"I know, babe. I'm too." Alec said. He could hear the racing heartbeat in his ears. Despite trying to have faith he was scared to face his parents, to face the people who loved and cared so much about him. He was scared to look them directly in their eyes, not because of shame, but because of the fear that those would hold anger and hatred now. And he won't be able to bear that.

Taking a deep breath, they walked in and noticed that everyone was standing in the living area with some high-level FBI officials tearing his and Magnus' room apart and his parents were trying to stop them but to no avail. His eyes widened and he held onto his husband's hand. He understood Luke's anger but this... he never imagined that he'd do something like this without even talking to him at all.

"What the fuck is going on here!?" Izzy yelled, making everyone turn towards them.

"Alec.. Magnus... thank goodness you both are here." Maryse sobbed, ran towards them, and hugged both of them tightly, placing a gentle kiss on both their foreheads. "Luke was saying stupid things like you both ran away, that you both are criminals. He played some stupid recording, but I don't believe it. This was supposed to be a wedding house but look what's happening. Stop those people, Alec. They are...." She trailed off and a few tears fell on her face.

"Where were you all?" Robert asked. "Alec, Magnus, what's going on? They are searching your room like..." He trailed off then glared at Luke. "Are you going to stop now, Luke!? Are you done accusing our children!? They're right in front of you, unlike you claimed!"

Luke took a deep breath then turned towards them, his expressions cold and his eyes were filled with rage and anger. "You both have guts to show up even after getting a warning from your sibling. Mr Mikaelson, your suspects are here!" He yelled, and a higher level officer came out from their room, height similar to Magnus' with a well-built figure and stature.

He felt Magnus relax around him, but he didn't change his expressions making him wonder if he knew that officer well.

"Luke please stop it! Since the time you both have come back, you both are acting strange." Jocelyn pleaded. "I don't care about your stupid audio evidence or whatever... it's Alec and Magnus. Have you lost your mind!?"

"Are you seriously saying that after hearing everything, Jocelyn?" Jia asked, "Maryse... your children have been deceiving you and-"

"Shut up Jia! You both have accused them of running away, but they're right here! So you don't get to say any ill words against them!" Maryse yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Mom, calm down..." Alec rubbed his mother's arm and glanced at everyone present in the room who had mixed emotions in their eyes, but only Luke and Jia were radiating coldness and fury. "What is happening here?"

"You're seriously asking that, Alec Lightwood!?" Luke snapped.

"Agent Greymark, lower your voice in front of me." That higher officer said.

"Sorry sir," Luke said flatly. "But you have heard the recording. You know who The Perfectionist is, and the fact that a reputed FBI agent was his helper is a stain on us. You need to reopen and reinvestigate the case, sir."