Deal with the Devil

Requested by crazy-glitters

Set in omegaverse. Events are similar to the 3X19 malec breakup but with a different storyline.

Enjoy with a tissue box in hand 😝

***********************************

"Break his heart to save his life," Asmodeous said in that menacing tone of his and Alec stood up frantically, heartbeats rising faster as he stared at his apparent father-in-law.

"NO!" Alec shouted at the man's face. The hell does he think of himself?

"I see, so you care so little about your mate? Wonder what would Magnu-"

"Don't you fucking dare say my husband's name from your dirty mouth Asmodeous!" Alec fumed out. "You are the reason Magnus's safety is jeopardized! You are the reason Magnus is in this mess and you are here trying to make deals! You're a fucking psychotic monster!"

"Magnus is my son and I have all the rights over him!" Asmodeous slammed the desk and stood up, his monstrous eyes boring right into Alec's. "You so-called mate of his had done nothing but brainwash my son!"

"Oh please, Asmodeous, spare me with your fake fatherly concern. All you ever cared about was your so-called reputation. Magnus is nothing but a tool for you and you're not able to digest that a middle-class man is your son's mate who is able to provide him all the love he had always craved for. You just want to have your tool back so you can marry him off to someone rich and make a fucking deal out of it and in that desperation, you don't even care to put his life at risk. Such an amazing father you are!" Alec spat, so done with being in the same room with that monster.

For the past eight months, a notorious gang known for butchering omegas and selling their wombs in Witches Lulls, a place the world knew as the dark market for horrifying supernatural beliefs, especially making weird potions, but didn't know the location of, had been active in Brooklyn. They had slaughtered almost eighty lakh omegas all around the world and now they were in New York, their next target city making every omega run for their life by traveling to the place they had already targeted coz' this gang never targeted the same city twice.

As the news got to their ears, they left New York immediately, living under hiding in Idris, Alec's hometown that had drowned in omegas blood a year ago. But his such amazing father-in-law, who couldn't digest his son's happiness and needed to be clingy around Magnus to make his life hell, didn't take the news well. Neither of him moving away nor of Magnus cutting him off entirely by shoving his shares in the property away for good and charging a restraining order against him.

Since he couldn't touch Magnus directly any longer, he tipped off the gang about their whereabouts. How? He had no damn idea but because of his egoistic, selfish, and heartless intentions, they were on the run ever since. From small towns to creepy basements, they had stayed in several places, experienced things no one should. It got too much to a point once that Magnus almost gave up and decided to let his life rest in the hands of his fate and that was the last straw for Alec.

Contacting Magnus's devil of a father, he fixed a meeting to find out what that bastard wanted but this, break his mate's heart, break their marriage, make it look like he gave up on him so that monster could brainwash him? But what was worse in this scenario? Magnus getting brainwashed by Asmodeous or getting slaughtered by that mysterious gang? None of them were ideal but comparing both, the first one seemed less brutal. Even if that bastard successfully brainwashes Magnus, the worst that would happen was that he'd be married to some rich alpha for eternity. Magnus wasn't weak that he'd bear any kind of abuse, so that was out of the question.