The Return - Chapter 5

Warning - Use of strong language and mention of murder, violence, and gore.

**********************

"What in the actual fucking heck!? Our killer is a... woman!" Jace's eyes widened, and he exchanged looks with others who were mirroring his expressions.

"And Magnus knows her. Is that why..." Izzy trailed off, not able to understand what his brother and brother-in-law were up to.

............

"Magnus, the bomb!" Alec said as he handed him the bomb and they both threw it in the respective direction, but the four men were slowly coming closer to where they stood.

"Stop it, Magnus, even if I tell you how can help me? Your husband's department can do nothing! No cop, no FBI can help me! I'm on my own just like my brother!" She said and tried to leave, but he held her hand, making her stop.

"What do you mean by that and how do you know? Answer me, Kristelle!"

"Can any of you please tell me how do know each other in the first place?" Alec asked.

"She's... she's my best friend, Alexander. We were in the same school, heck, even lived in the same building. Remember I told you about the only best friend I had in my school time whom I lost contact with and really wanted to invite to our wedding but never found any contact information. It's her. I... what is all this, Kristelle Tanjung!? I know you were hotheaded, but this!? Serial killer? And how do you know that I.... Kristelle....."

"It's not the time to answer your questions, Magnus, and like I said, you can't help me!"

"Try us!" Alec pressed.

"Especially not you!" Kristelle snapped and shot a deadly glare towards Alec. "I'm not harming you because I know that you were doing your job five years ago, and you're my best friend's husband, but that doesn't mean I don't resent you for what you and your senior did to my brother!" A tear fell on her face and they exchanged looks. But one thing stood out to Magnus.

"What... what do you mean by brother?"

"Magnus please..."

"What do you mean, Kristelle!?"

.........

"She's Intan's sister..." Luke whispered, exchanging shocked looks with others. "But there's no report stating that he has a sister."

"So what does it mean? She's continuing what her brother started? We thought these killings weren't related." Izzy thought out loud.

"Looks like they are Izzy," Luke said.

.........

"I'm continuing what my brother started five years ago, and no one can stop me!" She said with utter determination.

Magnus' heartbeat drummed in his ears as tears fell on his face. Brother? What was she talking about? How can she... they be related? How did he never find out before? Was she really his half-sister and what did she know about anything that happened five years ago?

A blast on either side of him brought him back to reality and he realized that he had zoned out when his husband gave him a worried look.

"What exactly do you think your brother started and how is Intan your brother?" Alec asked the exact question he wanted to ask, but his emotions were getting in the way.

"I'm not answering to the one who is responsible for his death!" More tears fell on her face as she took a step back. "Just let me go, otherwise they will kill all of us. As for you, Magnus, I love you, but I don't want you to be a part of something you can't even understand."