What are you?

Inspired by AtowncalledMalec 's Tentacletober series. I loved that series, and this idea was on my mind for long. A tribute to you for your amazing work and inspiring me to write my own stories. You're one of those first few writers here that inspired me to try my hand in writing. I've come a long way since then.

Happy that you're back on Wattpad. I hope you'll like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A cuddly lazy Sunday with hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and a good book at the start of the day while gazing the raindrops pouring on the window. Who doesn't love that? Everyone except Magnus Bane.

"Ouch! The hell?" Alec rubbed the sore spot on his head where his boyfriend had hit him, who was dressed fabulously as usual and glaring at the younger man who was cuddled under the blanket on the daybed near the window. Wait, what?

"Mags, babe! first, why do you hit me? And second, why are you fully dressed on Sunday? Don't tell me you have to go to work on Sunday, please."

"To answer your first question, be a little productive instead of being a lazy ass. And yes, I have a meeting with Mr. Rosario for discussing the new theme for my new jewellery line."

"At six in the morning?" Alec asked skeptically. They both were together for two years and these random meetings of his have started to get under his nerves. In the beginning, he was okay with it, but now he couldn't help but feel insecure about them.

Magnus was caught off guard at that. Why didn't he planned properly? "The place is three hours' drive from here, so I have to leave early in order to reach on time." He lied, the truth was he wanted to run away from the rain. The rain was his weakness, he wanted to go somewhere sunny to keep his glamour enact.

He wasn't human unlike his boyfriend and was scared that if his true form somehow slips in front of him, he would run for the hills and never look back. He doesn't want that, he loved him too much to lose him. So if he had to pretend to be human and a businessman he would do that.

The slight twitch of Magnus' right hands pinky finger didn't go unnoticed to Alec and he suppressed his tears. That always happened whenever he lied, so he knew he was lying to him, again. From some time Alec started noticing this and it mostly happened whenever he went to these 'random meetings'. He didn't like it, was Magnus cheating on him?

"Hmm. When are you coming back?" He asked flatly, swallowing the forming lump in his throat. The whole cheery and relaxed mood he woke up to was gone.

"Um, I have no idea. Maybe evening or late night. Depends on how the meeting goes." He lied again but didn't like the change in Alec's mood or the weather. It wasn't drizzling anymore, it was raining, heavily. He needed to get out of there, soon.

"Excuse me? What meeting takes that long? You know what, nevermind. Go to whomever you're going to. As if you care." He wasn't able to hold back his tears anymore, he looked out of the window at the drops trailing on the shiny surface like his own tears trailing down on his cheeks while rubbing his thumbs over the hot mug. The book was long forgotten.

Magnus was taken aback by that. He wasn't going to someone else. He wasn't cheating. He would never. His kind, they only love once, truly and hopelessly. And he had already given his heart to this beautiful human. "Alexander, I'm... I'm not going to someone el-"

"Just go, Magnus!" Alec yelled, then sniffed.

Magnus' heart broke at that sound. He hated whenever Alec cried. He hated tears in those beautiful honey hazel eyes. He wanted to stay and assure him that he only loved him but his human legs had started to tremble and he could feel his tentacles on his back poking over the fabric of his suit. He needed to leave, now.