The Return - Chapter 2

Warning - Use of strong language

***************

*New York Airport*

The morning breeze of New York City carried a familiar scent Alec had gotten used to, reminding him of all the memories created there. The pink sky was slowly turning into sky blue and orange, a small orb visible somewhere in the distance. He was back in this city after almost a year, yet, it felt like he never left at that moment.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" Magnus' voice caught his attention, who was rubbing his arms and shooting daggers at someone who was going inside.

"What happened, babe? Are you okay?" Alec asked, moving closer to his husband.

"I'm fine. That stupid man just bumped into me so hard! Some people I swe-"

"Babe!" Alec whispered, pointing towards black fabric or material in his pocket, which wasn't there a moment ago.

As Magnus' eyes landed where he was pointing, he quickly took out the stuff which was the weapons bag, and a grin split across his face. Turning towards where the man rushed, they noticed a man who was looking at them and when their gaze met, he gave a thumbs up and left towards the elevator.

"Jem, you bastard! My arm hurts!" He said into the recorder of his phone and sent a voice note to someone, probably that Jem. "See, Alexander, I told you." He grinned, and Alec kept staring between Magnus and the space where the man was standing moments ago.

"Let's not be proud of this." He said in a serious tone. "I understand you have this because of your gut feeling, but I'd really prefer if things won't go in that direction again."

Taking a deep breath, Magnus nodded and hid the pouch in the secret compartment of his handbag. "Let's go before your family starts hijacking our phones."

.........

*Lightwood Farmhouse*

"What in the world is going on here?" Alec said as he and Magnus walked towards the main living area that was attached to the kitchen, and dining tables were placed right beside the large entrance of the open kitchen.

After they reached the Lightwood farmhouse where everyone had been living together for the past few months to prepare and plan for Jace and Clary's wedding, they freshened up and slept for a while until Jocelyn and their mom came to wake them up for breakfast.

In no way it looked like they were planning for the wedding. Half of the people present there were for some reason salty and disappointed while others seemed tense. There were cutouts, newspapers, journals, and files spread across the dining table where Jace, Izzy, Jia, and Luke were sitting and discussing something.

Jocelyn, Maryse, Robert, Clary, Simon, and Aline were in the kitchen, some making breakfast while others were doing the dishes. Others were sitting on the couch, searching for something on the internet but like others, they seemed disappointed too.

"Alec, Magnus! My boys!" Maryse greeted them. "Come, have breakfast. You both look so tired. You can rest after that again. It's not like the groom cares anyway." She said the last part in a sweet voice that felt like it was dipped with venom making Alec frown.

"Oh, you're so right, Maryse," Clary said from the kitchen. "Do you think this wedding is a good idea? I'm thinking of returning the ring. Maybe I should rethink about this entire relationship." Clary fumed, glaring at Jace, making Alec's jaw drop.

"Woah! Clary! It's not that big of a deal, and you know this is important. I can't just sit and enjoy my wedding!" Jace interjected, turning his attention towards Clary, but his hand still held some file that Luke took and started reading. "Why are you making a fuss outta nothing!?"