My Sleeping Prince

Magnus stepped out of his cab and looked up at the giant mansion he is going to stay in. It was a classic looking mansion with a huge fountain in the centre of the front lawn. The walls were white and the domes and roofs were painted with royal blue. It was a beautiful mansion but not as magnificent as the infamous castle of Idris. That was another story that he was curious to find out.

He took out his luggage, paid the cab person, then walked inside the mansion. It was his friend Ragnor Fell's traditional mansion and he couldn't ask for any better place to stay in. Well, he does have his own Bane's mansion owned by his father Asmodeous Bane who is the top richest person of the world but because of his ego and sadistic nature, he didn't want anything related to him.

Magnus was a journalist in New York and was happy with the life he build for himself, but the whispers of the infamous castle of Idris was starting to spread all over the globe and being the top journalist in his company, he was sent to investigate about it to bring out the truth behind its superstitions.

"Magnus, my friend! Welcome to my castle!" Ragnor opened up his arms for his best friend. Magnus rolled his eyes then hugged his friend.

"Look at you, cabbage, enjoying all royal and luxurious lifestyle." Ragnor shook his head at the nickname then welcomed him in and showed him his room.

"Have some rest and freshen up, I'll see you at the dinner."

Magnus smiled, softly closed the door,  then fell on the bed which was the softest and coziest bed he had ever slept on. He sighed as his body started to relax and his eyes became droopy because of all the travelling. Deciding to take a bath first, he stood up, picked out his pajamas, t-shirt, and towel then left for the bathroom.

······

"Are you sure this is a normal dinner and not a feast, Ragnor?" Magnus' jaw was on the floor as he looked over at the dining table which was decorated with all kinds of food you could ask for. There were all kinds of fruits in the fruit basket, roasted chicken, chicken fried rice, spinach soup, mashed potatoes, arrabita pasta, fish fingers, vegetable salad, a large box of pizza, a bottle of coke and lastly a giant red velvet cake.

"Eat whatever you can, my friend. The left ones will be distributed to my house staff. I always ask them to make extra, whatever I eat, they eat the same."

"The great Ragnor Fell, always so kind and thoughtful!" Magnus chuckled and smiled as they walked towards the table and sat on their respective chairs. The dinner started with the soup and as soon as Magnus took a spoonful of it, he moaned at its delicious taste.

"Wow, I've never had a soup like this! It's amazing!"

"I know my staff is amazing at their work." Ragnor beamed but suddenly went all serious. "So, what exactly are you here for? I mean what is the work project that brought you here?"

Magnus cleared his throat. "It's about the infamous Lightwood castle I have to investigate about. Defame its superstitions-"

"Have you gone crazy, Magnus? That castle is cursed! Nobody came out of it alive!" Ragnor yelled.

Magnus sighed, he saw this coming. "And that's exactly I don't believe in. There's nothing called 'curse'. Everyone around the globe is whispering that the 100 years are over and it's time for the said prince of that castle to wake up. You know what, I'll go there tomorrow and check for myself. I'm pretty sure “I'll be the one”." Magnus air quotes the last part making Ragnor shook his head.

"Magnus, do you have a death wish? You don't live here, I do. And since the time this rumour has started to spread, many people have tried to get inside the castle to see the said immortal prince but nobody came out alive. No one knows what happens!"