Melodious Escape ~ 5

*********************************

*Five days later*

"Alec, are you alright?" Clary shook his shoulder and he blinked back to reality, jerking his head up and looking into her concerned green eyes. "You're distant from some days. Zoning out every now and then. The way you're playing, I can tell you're in pain but not telling us. Talk to us, Alec, we're all family here."

"I'm fine, Clary." He said with a tight-lipped smile but in reality, he wasn't. Why wasn't he telling them the truth about his and Andrew's relationship? He had no damn idea. Maybe telling them would open a way to get help and advice but also the way they'd look at him, with pity, the way they'd question him, maybe use him to get back at Andrew, he didn't want that.

The day he found out about Andrew's sick nature, about how he was just using him as a sex toy and cheating on him repeatedly, he tried to confront him but before he could, Andrew had announced to his family that he was ready for marriage and had already planned a destination wedding in Miami. That announcement did not just put a smile on his family's faces, but the way his mother's face glowed with happiness, the way she forgot all her problems and accepted yet another so-called generous offer put forth by Andrew that she couldn't say no to, he didn't have the heart to ruin their happiness. Doesn't matter if he had to suffer for a while, or his whole life, he couldn't see his family in pain, no matter how they treated him.

"But Alec-"

"I'm fine, I promise."

"No, you're not," Magnus said, walking towards them while having a tray his hand. "You're in pain and we all can tell. Did something happen between you and your.... fiance? You can talk to us, Alexander. If not us, then talk to Tessa. She is the only one here with the longest relationship that too with two husbands. I'm sure she'll give good advice."

"Not for the situation I'm stuck in," He said faintly then forced another smile. "Thank you, Magnus, but I'll be fine."

Exchanging a worried look with Clary, Magnus slowly nodded, then gently pushed the tray in front of them. "Kue Lapis, our traditional Indonesian cake. Dad and I made this together. We both love this. It's made with rice so have as much as you'd like."

"Mr. Bane made this? Seriously? I thought he couldn't cook?" Clary's eyes widened as she picked up a good amount of cake in the clasp of her hand, making Alec's jaw drop.

"Clary, that's too much sugar."

"I love sweets." Clary simply shrugged and put the smallest piece wholly in her mouth.

"I named you correctly - biscuit. Perfect for your sweet tooth addiction. And yes dad can't cook but there are few exceptions." Magnus chuckled when she put a few of it together in her mouth making her cheeks turn into a big balloon. "Alexander..."

"Jeez, redhead." Alec made a face and slowly picked up just two.

"Have more, it's not that sweet."

"Uhm, alright." As he picked up a few more, Ragnor walked up the stage, having a bright smile on his lips.

"Ah, sweets! Do you know the good news already Bane!?"

"Good news?" Everyone left whatever they were doing and gathered around Ragnor, who picked up a handful of sweets too.

"Yes, good news. Queen's central auditorium finally approved our request. We have a live concert there next Friday. Ten songs, one break in between, singers alternating between you and Simon. And it's a full band concert. No one's going to be left behind unlike last time. I'll get the time slot by evening."

"What!? Finally!? Yes!"

"Holy shit! I was waiting for this for so fucking long!" Maia bounced on her foot while others celebrated the news, and why wouldn't they? Queens central auditorium was the largest auditorium of not just Queen city but the whole of New York and this was a big achievement for their band, but not for Alec. He can't perform in front of that much crowd, especially if it'll broadcast on live TV. Everyone would know, especially Andrew.