The Return - Chapter 1

• Continuation of Perfect Criminal•

Warning - Use of strong language

******************

*5 Years Later*

The gentle rays of morning sun cascaded in through the ajar glass windows, carrying a gentle cold breeze that brushed through their naked skin, making Magnus shiver who was cuddled in Alec's arms. Placing a soft peck on top of his husband's head, Alec pulled up the blanket and tightened his arms around Magnus' waist.

"I can never get tired of this," Magnus whispered and turned to face him.

"Me neither," Alec said with a soft smile playing on his lips. Even though it's been four years of their marriage and five years since he proposed to him on that hilltop after letting him rage out, it still feels like they were in their honeymoon period.

Over the years, Alec had seen his husband growing and changing, for the better, and he couldn't help but fall in love with him again and again. Even though, sometimes, his anger reaches to the level that scares the shit out of him. Apparently, that 'The Perfectionist' residing inside his husband hasn't completely died. It still lingers, but he had accepted him with that, he loved him despite the people whom Magnus had killed, heck, even he had helped and was an equal part of that.

"Please don't tell me you have to leave already," Magnus mumbled and buried his head in his chest, making him chuckle. "Can't you take leave today? Pretty pleaseeeeeeeeee......"

"Babe, have you really forgotten what today is?" He asked, amused by Magnus' antics.

Slowly peeking up, Magnus scanned his face with his confused chocolate-brown eyes. "Umm..."

"We have to leave for New York today for Jace and Clary's wedding, babe. If we miss our flight, they'll literally ban us from their lives, forget about even apologizing to them."

"Shit! How can I forget? What time is it? We have to leave for Germany to catch the flight!" Magnus sat up, frantically looking for his clothes.

"Come back here!" Alec grabbed his husband by the waist and pulled him back.

"Darlin-"

"You were literally facing the window and didn't even notice! Seriously babe!? The sun just rose. It's only four-thirty. Our flight is in the afternoon at two. Now, calm down and cuddle me!"

"Hmm..." Magnus relaxed into his arms and Alec simply kissed his husband's temple, admiring the mess he was sometimes.

"Now, what does my husband want for breakfast? Anything special from the renowned chef of Alicante?" Alec asked, giving an Eskimo kiss to his husband.

After leaving the FBI because of the case that changed his life completely, he got married to Magnus four years ago right here in Alicante, Idris. A small town on the outskirts of Germany where his parents grew up, and he was born and raised till he was six.

The town was surrounded by mountains and was the definition of peace and tranquility. He always wanted to come back to his hometown and saw the perfect opportunity after getting married to Magnus. They both wanted to leave New York for good, and that's what they did.

While Magnus had started a small boutique and continued his passion, he left that life for good and opted to become a chef, the second thing he was always passionate about. What started as a small catering service, turned into him being the head chef of Alicante High, the only seven-star restaurant in this small town.

"How about french toast, pan-fried potatoes, fried eggs, apple pancakes, and Kopi Tubruk, and of course your favorite black coffee."

"Anything else, mein herr?" Alec asked, trying his best to have a German accent and enjoying the pout Magnus was aiming at him. (mein herr- my lord)