The Return - Chapter 8

*Jem's Farmhouse*

"Calm down Kri, you're safe here," Magnus reassured her as they all helped Kristelle settle in the room Jem offered her. It had been a while after she arrived at the farmhouse, and told them what happened at the construction site after she left, leaving a hollow feeling in the pit of Alec's stomach then they helped her getting used to the place and tried to make her go to rest.

"But Magnus-"

"No buts, Kristelle." Alec said, "All the kids are here and Jem and Tessa are doing the same what you were trying to, minus the killings. Take this as a chance to restart and leave the killings behind, we'll make sure they won't get to you, no matter how. I promised and I intend to keep it. You'll be safe."

"But-"

"Kristelle," Magnus said sternly, "Just rest and let us take care of other things. And Alec is right. Take this as a chance to restart. You don't have to kill in order to help."

"Alright, fine." She said with a sigh, cuddling the puppy Tessa owned who followed her throughout the house tour and was now laying beside her on the bed. "I'm still scared, though. They know my face."

"Tessa, please make sure she rests," Alec said, shaking his head at his sister-in-law then held his husband's hand and dragged him outside, whose eyes weren't leaving the room.

"Love..." He cupped Magnus' face and tilted it towards him, looking deep into those vulnerable brown eyes. "Hey... I'm scared too, Magnus. I never expected that Luke and Jia would.... go to this length. I knew they would be mad and upset and me but... atleast Jace and Izzy understood."

"But we don't know what they are exactly thinking, Alexander. They... they might still hate me...." Magnus trailed off and Alec carefully and gently wiped the tears that fell on his face with the help of his thumb.

"Don't come to conclusions like that, Magnus," Alec said.

"But what if they -"

The buzz of his phone caught their attention, and he dug out his phone from his pants pocket, only for his heart to skip a beat when he read the message and gulped. "Magnus, Izzy wants us to meet at Simon's place."

Magnus' face paled and he held his husband tightly in his arms, hoping that his siblings weren't going to stab him in the back and ask them to surrender or leave Magnus forever. He won't be able to do either.

*********************

*At Simon's house*

Magnus held Alec's arm in a death grip, his body slightly shivering as they moved closer towards the door and Alec couldn't help but think of the worst, despite the help Izzy and Jace did. They knew everything, knew that he wasn't their ideal big brother anymore. That they might think differently about them now.

"Here goes nothing," Alec whispered, exchanged a look with his husband, and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later the door opened and standing there wasn't any of his siblings, it was Clary.

"Clary!?" Alec's eyes widened. Have they told others too?

"Bi.. biscuit?" Magnus' nails dug into his palm as he stood frozen on his spot.

"Come in, guys." She said casually.

Exchanging a look, they walked behind Clary and saw that Jace, Izzy, and Simon were sitting in the living room, waiting for them. As soon as they reached beside them, Izzy stood up, ran towards him, and hugged him tightly.

"Izzy...."

"I can't believe what you did, big brother. But I get it. I do, Alec." She slowly broke the hug then moved towards Magnus and hugged him too. "And I don't hate you, Magnus. Yes, I'm mad that you both hid such a big thing from us, but I get why. Trust me, I don't hate you, Magnus. No matter what you did or who you are."