Dimensional Issues

Alec's feet stopped as he noticed the tilted signboard of an antique-looking shop 'Ye Olde Treasures'. He peeked inside a little and noticed that it was a clothing shop. 'Weird!' He thought to himself as he kept shoving the chocolate ice cream in his mouth because the name didn't match with the things the store was providing with.

It was the hottest day of the year in the town he lived in, Etnacilaville. The hot winds were blowing on his face making his messy hairs messier. The sweat that was formed on his temple trailed down towards his cheek as he kept peeking inside the clothing store while leaning against the street lights pillar. It was around four in the evening yet the bright orange ball of hell was still radiating its scorching heat. The market wasn't busy, there were few people roaming on the streets, either buying the essentials, going back to their house, or traveling outside the town. Most of the township was lazily sleeping in their homes.

Yet that wasn't the case with Alec, he was none of those pedestrians. He was bored out of his mind by doing nothing at his home, so he stepped out despite the heat he knew he'll face. As he finished his ice cream, he threw the paper cup in the nearby trash can and walked towards the door of the shop. He was a curious man by heart so he couldn't stop himself and opened the door of the shop.

As he opened the door the first thing he noticed was the 80's rock music playing on the records of the shop. He sighed and walked in further but was suddenly stopped by an old lady who suddenly appeared out of nowhere. He placed his palm above his heart as his racing heartbeats became normal.

"Oh, sorry for starling you sweetheart, I'm Lilith, what are you looking for?" The old woman asked in a sweet manner making him smile.

"Alec. Well something light, whites, perfect for this kind of summer."

"Sure, come with me, I'll show you around." Lilith said and Alec walked behind her. He kept looking at different kinds of shirts, t-shirts, pants, but nothing was like his taste. What did caught his eyes was the pile of dust sitting over the shelves and racks for god knows how long making him sigh frustratingly.

"Mam, I'll look around by myself now. Thank you for your help." He forced a smile and the old woman walked away. He kept looking and noticed that there were many souvenirs on display too which actually justified the name of the shop. He picked up a few t-shirts that were okay-ish but suddenly his eyes fell on a full-length jacket hanging on the coat rack and the clothes he was holding fell on the floor. His legs automatically started leading towards it like the coat was calling out to him.

As he reached there, he picked up the coat and ran his fingers over it to feel it's texture but noticed the pile of dust sitting over it too. He sighed and flapped it in the air to remove the dust then smiled and wore it to feel the velvet against his skin. It was a beautiful wine red colored jacket with double-breasted front and lapels having golden edges and black buttons.

He walked towards the mirror to see the look as it was little tight-fitting on him but as he did he froze and went completely pale, there was a man standing just beside him wearing the same jacket with black shirt, pant, and shoes. He had spiky hairs and was wearing makeup and eyeliner. He looked around and noticed no one was there but in the mirror, it was completely different making him gulp.

"Come to me, Alexander." The man spoke and reached out his hand in the air.

"H..how do you know my name?" He stuttered.

"Come to me, Alexander!" He kept repeating like a mantra.

Alec gulped and reached out his shaking hands towards the mirror but gasped when it suddenly started swirling and he fell on the floor and the next thing he knew, everything went black.

········

Alec slowly opened his eyes and found himself laying on a luxurious yet comfortable bed. He quickly got up but winced when a wave of pain shot throughout his body. He looked around then at his body and noticed that he was still wearing that coat. 'Where am I?' he thought to himself.

"Alexander! You're finally awake! Thank the Lilith!" The same man whom he saw in the mirror came running in from the door and hugged him tightly. He was confused at first, but then everything came back to him like a strong wave, shadowhunter, warlock, downworld, his family, marriage, husband, Magnus, and finally, a stupid spell went wrong that sent him to another dimension.

He looked at the soft chocolate brown eyes through his hazel ones and locked their lips together in a passionate kiss. "Magnus..." He breathed out and the other man burst into tears.

"Dad!" "Daddy!" Two teenagers came running in and jumped over him making him confused. The last he remembered, their kids were five and ten years old not ten and fifteen.

"How... How long was I out?" He asked as his whole family came running in and hugged him tightly.

"Five years..." Magnus answered and looked down at the floor because it was his stupid spell that went wrong and sent his husband's soul in another dimension.

Alec put his fingers below his husband's chin and tilted his face up, pecking him tenderly.

"Don't blame yourself, love. It could happen to the best of us. You're a warlock and things like that happen in your work, right? Promise me you won't keep blaming yourself." He said as his family left them alone.

"But, Alexander..."

"No buts, promise me."

Magnus sighed, slightly relieved. "Okay, I promise."