Portal Mishap.

Suggested by RenuRockzz Hope this is what you wanted and you'll like it.

Sorry for taking forever. 😅😅

P. S. (It's in the world of shadowhunters but Max and Rafe (Malec's kids) don't exist in this story).

*****************************

*Year 2307*

Alec was sitting in the study, scanning the new features of demon towers that were going to be installed soon on its digitalized blueprint, sipping on his favorite black coffee when several magical balls of different sizes in amber, pink, silver, and gold flew right past his face, then crashed through his main digital screen making it glitch, and within a second, blasted into sparks.

Slowly, Alec kept the mug on the table, closed his eyes, took a deep breath, then, "MAGNUS LIGHTWOOD BANE! THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

Magnus's head peeked through the door, his golden eyes looking at him apologetically as the warlock bit his lower lip. "Sorry...."

Alec sighed, slowly stood up, then turned towards the man who was hiding behind the door, sending a deadly glare towards him. "You were experimenting with your portals again, weren't you?"

Dead silence, that's what he got in response making him sigh. "Seriously!? Again Magnus!? Do you want me to remind you what happened last time when you 'experimented' a new portal!?"

Magnus gulped as the memories of his failed experiment flashed in front of his eyes. The last time he did that, his aim was to create a portal that could help them in traveling to dimensions without the help of Seelie powers and thought it was successful until they actually tried it and.... well it portalled them to another galaxy entirely and it took them four months to figure out a way to come back and that was an 'adventure' they hate talking about.

"Sorry..." He whispered, hoping that he won't be yelled at by his husband who seemed really, really angry and he wasn't the person to be messed with when angry.

"Sorry!? It took me a month, a month to fix this again after Fiana broke it from her magical balls while playing with Ian! It's not even been a day and you didn't just break it, you blasted it off! Now, who's going to fix this!? Coz' neither I have the patience nor energy!"

Magnus's gaze fell on the floor as he fidgeted with his wedding band. "I'll... talk to Oliver-"

"You know what? From now on, no warlocks are allowed to enter in my study, be it you, our children, grand or great-grandchildren! I hope I'm understood! Now, collect the remaining fragments of your magic and get out!"

----------------------------

*Few hours later*

Alec was in their kitchen preparing the lunch for him and Magnus. They both lived in a small house they designed by themselves in the outskirts of Alicante while their family was spread all around the globe. Only the present Clave Consul, Henrik Lightwood Bane, their great-grandson lived in the Lightwood Bane mansion with his family.

He was busy chopping when the same magical balls of different sizes in amber, pink, silver, and gold crashed through the cabinets making all the utensils and dishes fall on the floor with loud bangs. Alec closed his ears with his hands and scrunched his eyes, the noise only made his mood worse than before.

Magnus rushed towards the kitchen and held the utensils with his magic, then carefully placed them back, but he was already too late. The majority of the stuff was broken and the kitchen was a disastrous mess, but the scariest thing was his husband's expressions. He gulped, knowing well that this isn't going to go down well.