Love that never fades

It's a songfic inspired by the song Give me a kiss by Crash Adams. Yes, I'm back! Enjoy!

*******************************************

~Sometimes

I wish that I could just quit~

*Alec's POV*

A groan, deep and tired, escaped Alec's lips, and he buried his head into the pillow. Soft breeze was sweeping in through the ajar window, filling the room with an earthy aroma. The lights were dim, but the ringtone of his alarm was blazing and the bright light from his phone was lighting up the room in not a good way.

He had a hammering pain in his head since last night, and that goddamn alarm did no good. Reaching out, he shut it off, and only then he noticed it was 4 AM. Why did he set the alarm at this time? Oh right, because his client wanted to meet at the hotel near the airport before leaving because she was traveling for two months straight and didn't intend to work even if they set the deal.

And what was the problem in doing it afterward? She didn't take any meetings in the months of November and December, not even emergency meetings. 'Fucking Karen!' He mumbled curses and buried his face in the pillow once again.

Only if she wasn't the biggest client he had gotten in eight months, he wouldn't have chased after her like a desperate duck! With the amount she offered, he would not only finally be able to pay for the advanced supplies he needed to upgrade his business, but also he could take a long vacation he hadn't had in two years.

The next set of alarms buzzed, lighting up the room in an ungodly fashion once again. Why can't he just quit and do nothing for once? Why did he decide to become a businessman as well as a writer? Because he loved both but hated it at the same time.

Grabbing his phone, he threw it across, uncaring of where it landed, wishing for the earth to swallow him. Why he had to wake up so early? Even the sun wasn't up yet.

~ But then the other times

There's nobody better than this ~

"What had your phone done to you, darling?" A soft voice asked, laced with worry and concern.

Alec tilted his head sideways and noticed his husband picking his now shattered phone from the ground. So he threw it towards the bathroom door. Biting his lip, he outstretched his hand and gave his husband a pleading look. If someone could make his mood better, it was his husband, Magnus Lightwood Bane.

"Morning, my grumpy king." Magnus said as he walked towards him and planted a kiss on his head. Keeping his shattered phone on the desk, he gracefully sat as the bed dipped and Alec placed his head on his husband's lap instead.

Magnus gently ran his fingers through his hair, scratching his scalp from time to time, making his eyes flutter.

"Aching..." He mumbled and pulled up the blanket, snuggling into his husband's touch.

"You have a headache, darling?" Magnus whispered, and a few water drops fell on his face.

Glancing up, Alec noticed that his husband still had beads of water droplets all over his body that was covered only with boxers and a vest, and his wet, long hair were falling on his face, making him the most adorable man on earth.

"Hhmm..."

"And why so?" Magnus cooed, pressing down his strong fingers on his forehead and head that felt amazing, and he leaned more towards his husband.

"Too much work!" He groaned and let his husband's magical hands do its thing. "And too early. Why are you up so early, though? You don't even have work today."