The Return - Chapter 7

Izzy was almost on the main deserted road when she noticed Kristelle walking towards an old-looking car parked nearby. She had no traces of those clothes on her and was casually dressed as if she was on a long road trip and had not killed anyone minutes ago. Was all this really so casual for her? Or to Magnus? Her dull eyes as her frame neared gave her the answer.

As she kept stealthy moving forward, she noticed Jia hiding behind the car Kristelle was going towards, her gun aimed right at her temple and her heartbeat raced. No, she can't let that happen. Aiming her gun at Jia, she shot at her hand and the gun fell on the ground, making Kristelle startle.

Jia's eyes trailed towards her with rage visible in them but she didn't care. Running towards her before she could grab the gun from the ground, Izzy moved it afar with the help of her boots and aimed hers at Jia.

"Please don't, Jia." She begged, as more tears threatened to fall.

"Have you gone insane, Izzy!?"

"W...what...." Kristelle stuttered, her wide eyes trailing between both of them.

"Get in the car and leave! Now!" Izzy ordered, her heart becoming heavy with the decision she took, but she was ready to lose this job over her brother.

"Are you seriously helping a killer, agent Lightwood!?" Jia said through gritted teeth and Kristelle's face paled.

"Kristelle go! Just g-"

Before she could complete another gunshot fired but it went in the air, and she noticed Luke was there too and was about to shoot Kristelle but Jace came on time and diverted his hand in another direction.

"Jace..." Izzy breathed with relief.

"What the fuck, Jace? Have you two gone insane!?" Luke yelled.

Jace looked at her then at Kristelle then closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Once he opened his eyes he turned towards Kristelle. "You need to move, now! Get in the car and let our brothers know that we heard everything. We were there. We know the truth and that we have Alec's back, always. But.. just both of us. Warn them and well... you crim... sharp-minded people know what to do. Now run while we stop our seniors from killing you!"

As soon as he finished his sentence, he locked his gaze with her and nodded and a light smile painted her lips. Kristelle stood frozen on her spot until Izzy ran and dragged her towards the car. "Move girl! Do you want to die!? Cause Magnus certainly doesn't want that. To lose a family again."

That snapped her back to present and she ran towards the car, but she noticed Jia reaching out for her gun and she shot a fire right past her wrist.

Jace tackled Luke back and grabbed his gun, throwing it in the distance, struggling hard not to put his hands on his father-in-law. Izzy kept distracting Jia with gunshots all around her, ignoring her racing heartbeat and the guilt slowly settling in it. That was her aunt after all before being senior.

Once the car was out of sight at a safe distance, they both stopped, but the fire in Luke and Jia's eyes she noticed sent chills down her body.

"Have you two gone completely mad!?" Luke yelled at the top of his lungs. "I hope you know the consequences of this act."

"That we might lose our job. That we might be behind the prison. Yes, we do Luke." Jace said. "I was in turmoil about what to do after hearing all the truth but then I realized, if it would be Clary, I would have done the same for her. I can hurt anyone who hurts your daughter, to an extent that even I'm not aware of. So I get it. And I'm not losing my brother, my best friend over this job that is of no use!"