I'll always protect you.

"OMG! OMG! I can't believe it! OMG! Alec! Thank you so much, big brother! I love you! OMG! YESSS!" Izzy squealed as she jumped up and down on her bed, then jumped down and ran towards Alec and hugged him tightly, almost knocking them off over the table.

Alec chuckled at his sister's excitement and returned the hug while he glanced towards Jace who was covering his ears to block her shouts and looking at the siblings with irritated eyes.

"Are you done bleeding my ears, Izzy!?" Jace complained, resulting in Izzy throwing her curling brush at him and Alec laughed at their bickering.

"Owchh! Izzy!" Jace picked up the brush that hit the right side of his chest, hard, and kept it on the side table, while rubbing the spot. "Not fair Alec, it's only been a few days since you're back from France and you managed to get tickets for the  Rock Solid Panda concert, this," he pointed towards Izzy as she cocked her brow, "tornado's favorite, which I'm struggling to get from months as her birthday present and you managed to get it in a day! How!?"

"What can I say, Jace, I can't see my sister sad and crying, I'll do anything to see a bright smile on her face." Alec said with all seriousness as Izzy looked at him with teary loving eyes.

"So you mean I'm not a good brother, that I don't love Izzy the way you do!? I know I'm not a true Lightwood-"

"Jace! I didn't mean it like that. You're our family, a Lightwood. I just haven't seen either of you in years and when I'm finally home I find my sister a sobbing mess because that son of a bitch Meliorn broke her heart, again, only because of how she loves to live and saying her names. He doesn't deserve her love and she deserves better. I just thought that'll be the best way to make her happy, I had no idea you were thinking the same for her birthday. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings dude! I'm sorry!"

"I'm sorry too, Alec. I know you're Izzy's favorite. I shouldn't have... Owww! Izzy!" Jace yelled as Izzy's comb hit his temple. "Stop throwing things at me!"

"Then stop being your cocky self, Jace Lightwood Herondale!" Izzy stated, and Alec pursed his lips to suppress his laughter. "Look, Jace, yes, I love Alec the most but that doesn't mean I love you or Max any less. All three of you are my brothers and I love you guys. Also, I know you went to Meliorn and Raphael and broke their bones for playing with my feelings. That even means a lot to me, Jace, that my brother is protective over me. Now, let me be clear, I'm over them and don't want love in my life anymore. So, let's go to this concert and have some funnnnn!"

Alec and Jace exchanged a look and then looked at Izzy with brotherly love and concern.

"Iz! Just because that Meliorn was an asshole, doesn't mean you give up on love." Alec stated as he turned her towards him and kissed her head. "Take your own advice which you gave me months ago when I met Magnus, that you'll never know who's best for you until you won't give them a chance. Raphael and Meliorn were idiots who didn't see you for who you are and expect you to be their personal slave, you are nothing like that. Isabelle Lightwood is fierce, strong, independent, and bold and no one gets to say anything otherwise about my sister."

Izzy had tears in her eyes as she looked at Alec, her big brother whom she loved more than anything in the world, and hugged him tightly. Alec smiled and kissed her head as he stroked her hair, tucking them behind her ears softly. "I love you, Izz! I'll kill those two for breaking your heart and playing with you again and again."

"I love you too big brother! And please let them be. Promise me you won't do anything to them." Alec sighed and looked at Jace who nodded, assuring that he had already taken care of them. "Fine, I promise."

Izzy broke the hug and smiled at her brothers. "Now, it's concert time!" She beamed. "By the way, is Magnus coming too?"

"Maybe later, not with us, he's a little busy with our business collaboration project we're planning to set up here in New York." Alec smiled then looked at Jace. "By the way, Jace, is your 'book club' gonna come?"