Melodious escape

Requested by @EEthecouchpotato hope you'll like it.

This turned out a little different than what was asked for so I hope you'd still like it.

!W! Mention of rape, abuse and use of strong language.

****************************************************************

The strings of the violin vibrated as Alec fiddled the bow, eyes closed and mumbling folk music. In the darkness, the melody combined echoed through the walls, creating a shrill, outworldly experience, entrancing Alec in its calming aura, settling his anxious nerves.

His whole day had been a wreck. From being fired from the cafe he worked because of a planned ruckus from a homophobic colleague against him, to his father barging in drunk in their house and saying slurs to him and his mother, resulting in another fist fight with his father, to his family disregarding his growing signs of depression, saying it'll just a phase or its in his mind, to having the biggest fight with his fiancé, Andrew Hale.

Nothing went right and his mind kept pushing him to take a blade and slide it through his wrist, ending his miserable life once and for all. Tears slid down his face as he let himself drawn into the low pitched, airy, magistical harmonics, soaring his heart as he sang the end notes of the song. As the bow withdrew from its fiddle, reminding him of the stillness around him, he scrunched his already shut eye, letting the emotions flow out in form of uncontrolled tears.

Even after trying his level best, no architectural firms approved his interview and some even rejected him on his face, why? He had no damn idea. It wasn't like his qualifications were less or his ranks were not up to the mark. He has excelled in his college and internships. Hell, he even worked for a small project where his design for gaming theme auditorium was appreciated so why wasn't he getting a proper job as a head designer? If not the head, he'd agree on being an assistant or junior, but he couldn't understand the reasons behind all the rejections.

If his work life wasn't enough, his personal life had acted as fuel in the fire. Being the only responsible male in the family after his father, as per the societal norms, it was his duty to feed them and take care of them, no matter how harshly they treated him. His mother, who could earn well from her cooking skills, refused to do so because it wasn't allowed in her side of the family and she didn't want to disrespect her parents by going against their will.

His siblings, Jace, Izzy and Max, leave no stone unturned in reminding him that he doesn't have a real job. That he should either join Jace in his jewelry business or help Izzy as a fitness instructor, both of which he wasn't skilled at. Max, though, being just 16 and still schooling, kept his shrill, alarming voice blaring in his ears that his fee had been pending for months and no one takes the responsibility for it because they think his dreams of taking analytical science and becoming a scientist was too much to afford, considering that only head of the family doesn't earn.

His father, the homophobe of the century, was yet another story. After losing millions of dollars in gambling and almost selling Maryse, their mother and the only house they were left with, he had the audacity to say that it was his right over his wife and family and he didn't care about their feelings. The incident left them in shock and their mother left his not sorry ass shortly after, but the man kept stalking and abusing all of them, especially Maryse for taking his family away from him.

His fiancé Andrew Hale, the one who should have been his rock, his anchor in all the mess, wasn't even close to being a reliable support and he kept questioning as to why and how they got engaged. Being one of the top fashion designers in their city, every time the debate over moving together, financial stability came across, the mockery and bitterness in Andrew's tone regarding his position and earnings felt like millions of needles pricking his heart. Does the man even treat him as equal?