Chapter 15 - Edited

Ava looked at the werewolf above her. He towered over her like a giant peering down with eyes that seemed to seep into her soul. She blinked back at him before her instincts kicked in and she threw him against the ceiling above her with her power. 

Her legs still wouldn't move the way she wanted them to. No one knew why, but her mind was just as clear, and her power was coming out of her erratically.

Something feral was happening to her lately as well. She didn't know what it was but it was like old instincts where being awoken within her.

The man above her was growling at her and his eyes were shining with the light of his power and heritage.

"Release me at once!" He screamed; the order of an Elite Alpha radiated off him.

Ava began to laugh as something as old as time started to rise within her.

"Boy...if I wanted to release you I would. If I wanted to kill you I would. If I wanted to do anything, even crippled from this bed...I would." she said. 

Ava's voice seemed to sound more than doubled now as more than the two voices spoke from her. This surprised the other wolves in the room, and everyone seemed to take a wary step back.

The Elite Alpha shook with her response. His limbs started to spasm as they wanted to bend to the will of the strongest Alpha that he had ever known. Damon looked down at Ava and couldn't see a young girl. She looked and seemed older.

She blinked once deliberately at him and he hit the floor with a loud thud and a shrill and happy laugh rose out of her.

The wolves backed out of the room and shut the door behind the Elite Alpha.

"That's new."

Damon looked at her father, whose face seemed even more ashen than when they left the pack house.

There was no one in all their histories that ever had this strong of a wolf or this strong of an Alpha. If, and this was a big if...If Ava was even fifty percent better, they would surely have a chance to fight against this dark plagued. But she was bed ridden and possessed with other wolf spirits inside her...or something. 

"Has that kind of power always been with her?"

Ava's father shook his head, "I don't know. Each day she changes, we don't really know what to expect."

Damon turned around and went back inside to face the powerful wolf lying sick in the bed, but she had fallen asleep with a thin luminescent force field around her.

He turned around slowly to leave the room again, when a voice sounded behind him. He turned to see who it was.

The same voice that taunted him spoke low and in a whisper.

"I know who you are Prince and I know why you are here. You will never have her until peace rains again in the lands near and far."

The voice laughed, but there was no joy in it. The laughter was bitter as if they knew that the fate that was waiting for them was a deadly one. 

*****

Hi Followers of this story,

Thank you all for the continued support. I hope you will enjoy this next short and sweet chapter.

Thanks again! :)

***** 

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 for NeoNixButterfly21/Christine