Chapter 51 - Edited

King Zachariah ordered the permenant closing of the portal. No one was allowed to go through it again and all visitors to their land would have to take the long way by ship. It was the one thing he would not negotiate on.

They had housed Ava's old pack within their castle walls and the tension had grown to its peak on the fifth day until the truths came out quickly over a forced brunch made by Vittoria.

It was a sight to behold. Ava had nearly blown up the breakfast area and the kitchen with the rage and sorrow she had been holding onto. But now since talking it all out, everyone seemed to be at peace.

Ava was surprised to see that the werewolves that were left from the Silver Light Pack had mostly been mates or become new mates. Especially, Vivienne from the Elite Pack and Hamish from one of the other neighbouring packs had become mates. Ava was surprised it didn't hurt like she thought it would. She had a true mate and that is all that mattered to her.

Now Zachariah new that he would again be overstepping his bounds, so he had kept it a secret even from his wife and was planning a wedding.

A ceremony of joining a powerful werewolf into the Ancient werewolf pack. It was the only way he could think to link them and to keep his soon to be daughter-in-law safe.

Everything was planned he just had to tell them all the date and the time they had to be there. He waited with his mate at the head of the table and watched as all the new and old werewolves, witches and more came into for dinner. As they all took their seats, he looked at his son and Ava and wondered what their reaction would be. He stood up and the hall quietened.

"Thank you everyone for coming. May this not be our final meeting but the beginning of many to come. I hope that this next decision I have made is met with openness and is seen with the intention it has been done."

Zachariah let his words fall over the crowd before he continued.

"The only way that our family can be safe from this point forward is with a union. A union of two, joining to create one big happy family. We hope you will accept this proposal and join here for the next thousand or so years." He smiled down at his son and then at Ava, whose eyebrows shot up into her hairline.

"When a union is done with outsiders. Those outsiders join this family. One connects all and in doing so, extends their life to join ours. It's a lot of responsibility and can only be done through marriage. A contract or agreement that our secrets will become your secrets and watched over securely by the Moon Goddess whom which we are closely related. And now that the Goddess is closer to us then ever before in Ava, we ask that this marriage be done soon." Zachariah grinned widely as the glass doors began to shake.

"There may be more dangers outside of these walls if a union isn't completed. Other factions may come to acquire such power for themselves if it is not already connected to a clan. But I hope that this union is done in love because it is better to have love then be tied by only obligation." He looked directly at Ava.

"I made the mistake before to not include love in my last suggestion of marriage, that it got me flung against the wall. What do you think son? Are you ready?"

Raoul looked at Ava who looked between him and his father and let the windows rattle a little more before she shattered them and reformed them back into glass windows.

Ava started piling food onto her plate but before eating she flung the King up towards the wall again and tied him there with an old spear. As she dug into her food she nodded to her mate who grinned.

"You can let my father down now, Ava." Raoul murmured low in her ear.

Ava laughed and shook her head.

"He deserves a bit of punishment for not being honest from the beginning."

The group ate in silence and occasionally threw a bacon sandwich up to the King to eat.

The wedding would happen in the late afternoon to the glow of a full moon.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 to NeoNixButterfly21/Christine