Chapter 41 - Edited

Warning: Sex Scene coming up in this chapter.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Ava felt more like herself on the third day after the curse was broken. Other than that she felt weak and unsure of who she was meant to be now. The only constant was Raoul and even her feelings towards him had dimmed.

She didn't have time to wonder why, as the festivities were in full swing. Decorations were hung at every corner and snow began to fall just outside her and Raoul's bedroom window.

Raoul walked into the bedroom from the ensuite bathroom and looked at his mate lying on her stomach in the huge king size bed.

"Are you getting up today?" Raoul asked rubbing her back.

"I don't know."

Raoul kissed the back of her head and moved to get dressed.

"There will be a feast tonight. Lots of food and drink, even dancing. You don't have to participate, Ava, but your presence is important tonight."

Ava turned to look at her mate. He used to seem more appealing to her but now, it was like she was moving through the motions. She sat up and looked at him. He was perfect. The kind of mate anyone would kill to have. But she didn't feel anything. There was just numbness.

Raoul walked back to the bed and looked at Ava. He knew what she was thinking. They had both been thinking it since she came back from the ritual.

"My father told us you wouldn't feel like yourself for awhile. It's what happens to werewolves when they lose a part of themselves. You've just lost a part of you, that wasn't even meant to be for you."

Ava nodded. She understood it logically but when she looked at him she didn't feel love just blank numbness.

"When do I get to feel like I love you again? Because I don't feel that."

Raoul looked at her, a sad smile forming on his face.

"When these feelings pass and when you start to feel like yourself again. Maybe if we start looking at the gifts the Moon Goddess actually gave you. You may feel some of the pieces come back together."

Ava kissed Raoul's cheek before she sunk back into the bed.

"Maybe tomorrow."

Raoul watched as Ava picked up his pillow to hug close to her, but turn away from him burying herself as deep as she could go in the bed. He stood and walked to the door to go down stairs for breakfast. He was worried about her, but knew they would get through this. He would hold onto her even harder every time she took a step back from him. He could feel their wolves holding on, but the human parts of them were in separation.

He loved her more than he loved himself, so this was the only thing he knew he could do.

As he walked into the dining hall, the long stretch of table and chairs were overflowing with people, as every body in the castle had come to feast on the holiday breakfast.

Raoul made his way to his family who were seated on the far side of the table being served piles of food, coffee or tea and juice. His cousins had piled stacks of pancakes drenched in syrup on a plate before shoving large bites into their mouths. It was always the same every single holiday. Nothing had ever changed, until this holiday. He had a mate.

Raoul sat down next to his father who looked over at him in greeting, smiling widely so that his white teeth glinted with mischief.

"Good Morning, son, how did you sleep?"