Chapter 8 - Edited

The rest of the day was quiet for Ava, and the afternoon moved into a moonless night. The stars were the only light that graced the skies and the fauna of their surroundings started to quieten as the animals, other than wolves,  went to sleep.

Erys stopped at her daughters bedroom door before knocking. Ava turned around slowly and smiled at her mom.

"How are you?" Erys asked. 

"As good as can be expected." Ava shrugged with what she hoped looked nonchalantly.

Her mother knew better than that and walked in quickly to pull her into a tight hug. Ava wouldn't cry again. Her emotions where all over the place and crying came as easily as breathing lately.

"These changes are bound to make you feel different. But the daughter I know and love is still in there. She hasn't changed. She still wants to train and become our packs next Alpha."

Ava nodded at her mother. She was right. Nothing really changed about her. It was just this one aspect of who she was now that was disruptive. Considering who she was, she was still relatively normal. She was only insanely blessed by the Moon Goddess. She would have to make the most of it, otherwise, it would destroy her mind.

She took a deep breath in and waited for her body and nervous system to calm down. Her stomach took this moment to growl louder which made her mother chuckle.

"Let's go eat. Steaks and mashed potato are on the menu tonight. Opal Gray cooked this evening, so you know it's going to be good."

Ava stood quickly from the seat at her window and swayed back and forth before falling back on the bench once more.

"Woah, what was that?"

"I don't know. But maybe you should move at a slower pace for now, until your body has truly adjusted."

"It's been over a month now, mom."

"I know. But we have never had something like this happen before, so we don't really know how long these symptoms will last, sweetie. We have to take it all slowly."

"I know. But it's taking too long." Ava whined. 

"Just like a teenager. You want everything quickly and now now now! It doesn't work like that, Ava. We have to be patient so we don't miss anything. We all know its been hard on you, but you just have to be patient and let things run there course how they are meant to. It's something your grandmother always told me right up to the moment she passed away. You can not rush what is meant, you can only be present for it." Erys frowned as she remembered that they were the last words her mother had ever said to her. Good words, but sad all the same. 

"I'm sorry, mom. I didn't mean to make you sad about grandma. I'm just scared about what's happening to me. It's too much. The Goddess' of Light chose the wrong person. I'm not handling any of this well enough and all that I seem to be doing is causing more stress for everyone around me. I even lost friends from school, that even though they didn't talk to me much anyway, we were at least civil. Now there's nothing."

"I know you're afraid Ava, but I just don't think you need to be. All will turn out as it should and as it's meant. Worrying about it is just a waste of your energy."

Ava frowned and stood up again but much more slowly than before.

"Let's go eat. I can't think about this now, mom. I have to distract myself and do anything else but this constant worrying."

Erys didn't know what to say to her daughter and could only follow her downstairs to the waiting fearful eyes of their pack.

As she expected their pack members moved away from her. Erys frowned at them and the beginnings of a growl started to form.

Don being within hearing range of his mate at all times when he wasn't working, could see the stress his mate and daughter were currently under. He didn't approve what was going on but he understood.

As their pack members fear of Ava increased, he could only worry about the outcome. No one knew what was next for them or for Ava, or what could happen if any other turbulent magical things started to happen. There was only trying to keep the peace at this stage until they could find out more.

The archaeologists he had sent to Greece hadn't found much more on what their daughter was going through, but he was hopeful as best as a father could be.

He would pray and ask that they find answers soon so they could find the key to ensure Ava could control what was going on with her. But nothing was assured, they could only try and try again, if the plan didn't work.

*****

Hey Reader!

Thank you so much for getting to the end of this chapter. I really appreciate it. We are starting to move onto more important parts of the story now and we are just at the set up before the climax comes through.

If you have any suggestions with which way my story should go feel free to comment below. Or if you think some parts are cliched let me know so I can improve on the stories delivery.

Anyway, thanks again.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved  2020 to NeoNixButterfly21/Christine