Chapter 46 - Edited

The witches had blocked the portal successfully for the past week. Hamish watched over them for the same amount of time. They never wavered once. His pack was another story.

Alpha Dom was slowly deteriating. The grief of losing his wife and his daughter was starting affect him. They worried about him. Maybe too much, and they couldn't afford to be distracted.

The otherworlders had been patrolling the area for days. A messenger had come and gone three times, organising with what they were calling the "base camp". Hamish wondered about that and who they had been confering with. Every time he tried to ask them, they shut him down or ignored his questions.

Hamish gathered the rest of his remaining pack members and the Elite pack to talk how they were going to get through this. What could they do to tip the scale? There was no time to be worried now. You couldn't be on the brink of war. You had to be ready to fight. No matter the consequences.

"I've had enough of this. It's time to get some answers. Now!"

Hamish and Damon looked at each other, nodded and went to look for the otherworlder in charge.

After a few minutes of looking through the whole base camp, they found the man in charge now.

The other guy had been killed protecting his men who were defending the witches. This man was much younger, he was only a lieutenent in the otherworld army, but they had decided since he was next in charge that he would be in charge.

"Lieutenent Lale!" Hamish yelled.

Lieutenent Lale looked up quickly, his mouth forming into a grim line.

"What do you want Hamish?! Can't you see I'm busy trying to keep us all alive."

"That seems to be the other thing you have been telling us since the other otherworlder died. Don't you have anything new for us?! I think we've waited long enough."

Lale looked grief stricken and stressed to Hamish but he wasn't going to let up. They needed answers. The only way he say them all getting through this is if they had all the information.

"The King is coming with his armies.I don't know when, but we have to keep the line until they get here."

"The King?!"

Lale looked at Hamish and Damon in annoyance.

"Yes, the king. Now if you don't have any other questions, get lost, you're just getting in the way."

Lale turned back to his men and walked off away from the other two men. They were startign to get on his nerves and he, bitterly, would be happy to see them go back to their own world. They weren't meant to be here and they were taking up space.

Hamish and Damon brought the information back to the group, who immediately thought that they were being kept out of the planning on purpose.

"Maybe its because we aren't around here. How would we treat outsiders in our packs, Hamish? We would treat them like rogues. We're the rogues now."

Damon agreed with the packs. They were rogues now and in a new place.

"What's our plan then? If they try and kick us out? Or send us back through that portal and Nyx is on the other side, we will never make it back home alive." Alpha Dom said.

"Wait them out but have our own plan. If we need to, we run. It's cowardly, but it's self-presevation." Damon hissed lowly.

Hamish shook his head. No, that couldn't be the only thing they could come up with. Hamish looked at his mate, Vivienne and wished to God he was back home. All the things he had planned to do once he found his true mate were running through his mind. There were steps to mating. There should definitely be steps to figuring out the rest of their lives.

"We can't run and not because it's cowardly. But because if we run now, we will never get our lives back. The ones our pack had fought so hard for would be for nothing. We have to stay here and push the otherworlder's into letting us help. No matter the consequences. If they won't take us seriously now, they never will and we're better off as dead anyway."

Damon looked at his friend. They had been through a heck of a lot together. Each thought that they were the true mate to Ava. And if either had been, they would have had the favour of the goddess and maybe they would have been able to keep their packs and families safe. But everyone had lost someone, even more than one someone. Now it really was just the packs strongest that remained.

"Then we do what ever we can to gather information. We will ask the witches we have here to find out as much information for us as they can." Damon suggested.

"They can listen to the elements, the animals whatever to get what we need."

"If it's to help us stay alive, do you think they will do it?"

Area, one of the witches, looked up at the small group of weres and nodded her head. They were all family now. There was no time to think to keep the species separate. They couldn't afford to do that now.

"Good, Area and the rest of witches can organise it amongst themselves who will find out what. Follow the right people but don't let them see, smell or hear you."

The witches nodded and disappeared carefully into the trees where the otherworlders weren't patrolling and took to the skies, the trees or the earth. They had successfully disappeared into the elements ready and willing to find out as much information as was possible to ensure their survival.

Lieutenant Late came storming out of his tent with his men following behind. They were hurrying out further into the open plan. Drums could be heard in the distance. The sound echoing up the now closed mountainous ridge.

Hamish ran out ahead of Damon, Vivienne and Dom. Late looked at them with weary eyes, issuing them a warning gaze with his ice blue eyes. The thumping got closer and closer with every moment. Until just over the horizon a line of were's came over the far hill. There were six men on horseback looking down on them, waiting for the foot soldiers to move. They didn't. They kept pace until someone gave them the go ahead to move. A change in beat in the drumming pattern would only be noticed by those with the most sensitive of ears.

Lale scanned the line and hoped to see the one person they were all hoping would be there. He stopped when his gaze fell on her. She was hard to miss. Her mate was not long behind her. They moved as one.

The otherworlder's starter to yell and scream in joy, she's here! Over and over.

Hamish and Damon were the first ones to see her. She was wearing gold, silver and titanium armour that glinted in the light. Her dark hair was long, braided down her back and she looked a little pale.

It was Ava. Ava was here.

Hamish looked at Alpha Dom and saw realisation hit and grief deepen in his eyes.

"She'll hear you out. She will. What daughter doesn't want to hear from her dad?" Hamish said, trying to lighten the mood.

"But what I have to tell her, no daughter should hear."

Alpha Dom's face fell again as he relived his grief but his eyes opened in surprised as he observed all the changes that had happen to his daughter.

This was not his daughter. Something huge had happened to her. He just didn't know what.

*****

🧿💜🧿💜🧿💜🧿

Thank you for reading this chapter and your continued support of my story.

💜C.

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 to NeoNixButterfly21/Christine