Chapter 44 - Edited

The dark army was growing and gaining traction. Half the population of North America was now being taken over by Nyx. She had her eyes on the horizon and knew what was just beyond. She would have her revenge again. She would eradicate them until the last wolf was finally gone. Much more room for darkness then. She couldn't see past the hatred she held within her heart. The resentments was pushing her further. She wouldn't be satisfied until the last ounce of blood was shed. The mountains mocked her darkness. They stood there quietly majestic, white-capped and broad across the skyline. It just infuriated her more, the beauty of it; and she couldn't wait to mask it all in red. She had plans. She would enact them. And then there species would be extinct for good. And Ava, a child of the Goddess, would be dead.

She took to the air to watch her spawns grow. The darkness was ever growing and she felt glee for the first time in centuries. Nyx looked towards the moon, and gnarled. Her sister would pay. They all would. She would then reign over darkness, over the earth. Her laughter rung out over North America. Trees burnt amber with autumn where now blackened and dead to ash, waters in creeks and river where poisoned and the animals were slowly being swallowed up by the entities. She revelled in it all. For a small moment, this was victory.

Nyx pointed her army towards the mountains and faded into the night to prepare for what was to come.

***

Grand Admiral Lucius sat across King Zachariah with a scowl on his face. He had heard about the altercation he had with the Moon Goddesses daughter and wondered how much one person could royally fuck it up. They were supposed to be keep Ava on their side, not causing a rift between the family.

They had some serious planning to do now. Nyx was heading in their direction fast. A lot of the borders had been cleared and strong enchantments had been erected to try and slow her down, but it was only a matter of time before she broke through. He had organised his armies, readying the soldiers for what would be their most bloody battle. Nyx wasn't going to be throwing her punches now. She would be aiming to kill every last one of them. No matter who got in her way, they would be slain. They needed the Goddesses blessing to make it out with at least one third of their people alive.

Zachariah rubbed the back of his still throbbing head and peered down at the map that lay between them. There was a mass of land that lay between the portal to the other world and this world. If they could barricade off the portal so Nyx couldn't pass through it might by them just enough time to get their armies fully prepared.

"We have a few men stationed already at the portal. Last I heard they were fighting some of Nyxs armies." The Grand Admiral said.

"Any idea how many men survived?"

Lucius shook his head slowly and reached into his jacket pocket for the missive that was delivered to him only moments ago.

Admiral, the battle at the portal has commenced. We are fighting numerable forces. Another pack has join the fight from the otherworld. We seem to be holding them off. Awaiting further orders.

Zachariah rolled the map tight in his hand and put it aside. He brought up the map again in another version that had been created by magic and pulled the image of the portal on the map into focus. He saw his soldiers and the werewolves from the otherworld working together as one building a base camp. He counted the dots on the map and counted less men than he had originally sent out. There must be even more casualties than he thought because only half his men remained after thirty soldier left with their battalion.

"What do you recommend now, Lucius?" Zachariah asked, sitting down in his chair and rubbing the back of his head until his hair stood up in disarray.

"We send her out to war."

Zachariah sighed. He knew this was coming. He had been trying to prepare them for this but had gotten shut down at every turn. Now they weren't going to have much of a choice. He would have to send his son and his mate to the front lines.

They were going to war.

*****

✨✨✨✨✨✨

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 to NeoNixButterfly21/Christine

Many thanks to the following people for their continued support: -

favie_xoxo, TabathaDelacruz, Jkswifueee, SamanthaAndersen7, lain_23, ScarsAndCinders, albinoAlpaca57, smut_hoe01, marijen91680, HarshKhandelwal3, hollyjanemay, NikkiGillenwater, wfcurrent, stormykidrock21, muskanaryan20, and many more!

💖💖💖💖💖💖

Author's Note:

Thank you everyone for sticking with me and with this story. I know a lot of you have been waiting patiently. I've been busy a lot lately with study and I was having some issues with my account, but all of that has been rectified now. I hope to finish this story in this next coming months. So I hope you will stick around for the ending. 💖💎✨