Chapter 50 - Edited

Nyx looked straight at Ava, and pointing her hands sent white lightning directly at her.

As Nyx started to laugh, Ava merely redirected the lightning into the earth. Nyx screamed in frustration yelling profanities at her, before taking aim at Ava once more. This time the power she emitted was more than she could control and the electricity went wild around her.

Ava and the other werewolves who were on horse back dismounted, sending their horses back to base camp. She would end Nyx's life on the ground, connected to all and connected to what she had lost. Ava watched as the lightning sparked around Nyx and could even see where the power had emanated from. Fear. The one thing no one expected was that Nyx was afraid.

Artemia growled next to Ava, her armour glowing in the early morning sun. She pawed at the ground as she pulled back her lips and snarled threatening at the enemy. The shapeshifters merely sneared back at her baring their own sharp teeth.

Nyx sent her shapeshifters through the portal surrounding them in her power and Ava ran towards the horde shifting into her hawk form before she shifted again and sliced through them with a swipe of her long sword. The shapeshifters sputtered before they disintegrated into ash.

Ava dispensed of a second and third group of shapeshifters that Nyx sent through the portal and by the fourth she heard the roar of her soldiers stepping into the fray for their first kill.

Ava watched as the shapeshifters disintegrated leaving nothing but ash at her feet. Her focus was solely on Nyx and the Goddesses reactions. The angrier Nyx got the blacker her skin turned. Ava could see veins of black and purple forming under her skin. She had given too much of herself away to fear and now she was paying the ultimate price for it.

Now be at peace. She thought.

Ava laughed loudly and ran for Nyx. They would now battle one on one like Nyx wanted. They would end this war once and for all and Ava would get some hits in for the last eight years.

Nyx noticed the shift in Ava. Her eyes sparkled with some knowing, with some plot that no one else knew about. Nyx looked around at the soldiers fighting claw and tooth to end her shapeshifters. When one was taken down, she felt a piece of herself die off, which heightened her fear.

Ava shifted again, this time the exact replica of Artemia. Now she didn't know how she could do this but after meeting her mother in the afterlife, she was given extra abilities by the goddess to end this war; to end Nyx. She felt it deep within her bones and could see it in the power she now wielded.

There wasn't enough time for the King or Raoul to question what was happening. They were too busy fighting off shapeshifters. Raoul connected with Ava through their link and saw that his mate had become something else, something more than she was again. Her power kept growing. The Gods kept putting more and more on his mate, he wondered for a moment, would she ever just be his mate?

Artemia growled and snapped her jaws at Raoul. Concentrate on the battle or die!

Raoul nodded shortly and leapt back into the fight ending three shapeshifters before disappearing into the battle.

Artemia followed him to make sure their mates made it out alive, while Ava dealt with the brunt of the battle. She knew that there was only two outcomes to this war and wanted the one where they got to live the life they've always secretly dreamed about.

Be careful Ava, Artemia said, disappearing into the battle.

This is no time to be careful! Ava projected to Artemia.

Artemia merely growled before sinking her teeth into a shapeshifter and ripping off it's head its spine coming out of the body as she swung her head back and forth before spitting the darkness from her mouth. Artemia charged into the battle as she saw the witches were having a hard time of it. She knocked down the attacking shapeshifters one by one, giving the witches enough time to get back on their feet. The shapeshifters looked undeterred until balls of fire came at them from the group of fire witches they had been attacking. The shapeshifters screeched in agony before they burned down to a pile of ash. Artemia looked at the witches who nodded before she went to follow her mate.