Chapter 10 - Edited

The clinic was overrun with staff. The three archaeologists were brought in on gurney's with serious injuries. Erin had suffered a head injury, Warren had lost a fair bit of blood and Rick had a few broken bones and a ruptured spleen.

The doctors worked overtime to repair Rick's spleen and making sure they cleaned out his body to ward off any infection. But his werewolf abilities would kick in if an infection arose and help him to fight it off. The surgeons were more concerned about his broken bones and whether they would heal correctly. His wolf had started to heal the bones as soon as they were broken but that they weren't aligned. A few of the bones had to be rebroken and then properly straightened before the Rick's regeneration abilities kick in.

The surgeons worked quickly but the rebreaking of bones would be remembered for months afterward as the bones breaking echoed through their collective dog ears.

Erin had been unconscious since she had arrived back at the Silver Light Pack. The doctors had been monitoring her closely for any signs of brain damage, but they were hopeful that she would awaken soon.

Warren on the other hand complained that his sutures weren't doing their job and that his pain was starting to escalate as time went on. They had to heavily sedate the man so that he could get some rest and the clinic could be peaceful again from his constant yelling. There was nothing wrong with him. There was no sign of infection, Warren was just a bad patient and hated when he would put people out to look after him. It was better for everyone that he was sedated. 

There's was nothing they could do but wait for the three of them to heal enough to speak to. The Alpha's weren't going to speak to any of them until they were all fully lucid and of sound mind. It was imperative that they all account for what happened in great detail, because Don knew that it would help with what was to come. He had many pack members he had to watch over and had a lot of people counting on him to find answers, that there was no room for mistakes of any kind.

And Ava...his eighteen-year-old daughter was in the thick of it again. They were all having trouble keeping her out of the spotlight and away from the judgemental eyes. But it seemed that her supernatural instincts kicked in every time someone was in trouble or a threat to her and those she loved had occurred. There was really no way to explain what she looked like or who she even was when she changed. It was so subtle that no one could tell where Ava began and Artemia ended. They became entirely one being that it was hard to distinguish the woman from the wolf.

Don shook his head. The doctors had updated him and told him Ava and Artemia were fine they had just expended a lot of energy and would be ravenous when they awoke.

The Luna of the other pack and his own mate, Erys, had spent the last six hours preparing meals for all four of the wounded, tired werewolves that the kitchen had some fairly confusing smells. Don could smell fried chicken, fried mars bar, potato salad, Caesar salad, pumpkin soup, chocolate and peanut butter cookies, beef steak, roast meats and nacho cheese. The women had been busy. It was going to be a feast of the ages and as every wolf knew after any major injuries they would need a lot food.

After any kind of battle, werewolves would need to eat enough for at least three days. The food would help to heal the body from within giving them enough energy to fully heal from their injuries. It would also give there bodies time to heal any scar tissue that had occurred, which would need the most fuel to heal because if the scar tissue was kept too long inside their bodies it would become impossible to heal. 

Don sat in his office behind his desk going over the stack of papers he had lying there in disarray. He had no idea what he was going to do. It was just one thing after the other. He knew something needed to be done, but he didn't know where to start. He had exhausted every option there was over the last eight years. There was nothing left to do. Nothing. They had five months until the day the biggest battle they would ever have to face and he knew none of them would be prepared in time.

He had tried to find a solution for the last eight years but nothing had come up that was even close to helping. He was starting to lose hope and he couldn't do that as the Alpha, he had a responsibility to keep the faith within him so that his pack and the packs surrounding them could hold theirs too. He had to come up with something soon, otherwise the packs would start to panic unnecessarily and then they wouldn't be ready for the battle that was to come.

Don ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. What was he going to do? Where were the answers going to come from?

He sat back in his chair and open his email on his computer. It was time to ask for help. Higher help. He just hoped that he didn't regret doing this. Because bothering this pack was everyone's last resort.

*****

Hi and thank you so much for getting this far in my story. I hope you like it. :) Comment and let me know how I am going with it. Thanks again!

Copyright © All Rights Reserved  2020 to NeoNixButterfly21/Christine