Chapter 34 - Edited

Back At The Silver Light Pack

The remaining Alpha's stood in congregation amassed by the remaining pack members from the joining packs. They were wore black, with newly made leather and titanium armour. Weapons were tied across their backs, waist and thighs as they prepared for the final battle.

A single bell tolled in the distance as the coffin was laid to rest within the earth. Alpha Don stood erect, unmoving, as he listened to the cries of his pack and the songs of death and mourning rang out over him. His wife had died. Her injuries were to great to be healed. The darkness had seeped so far into her blood stream that she slowly started to bleed out from her pores. 

This war had taken more than any of them thought it could. His daughter had received the brunt of it; had dealt with the abuse and still tried to protect them all. He didn't realise how much power she really had and how far she and her wolf had gone to protect the ever growing pack they had created. Wherever she was, he hoped she had found some happiness. If she ever came back home, he would welcome her with open arms and he would beg for her forgiveness. They all would. It was the one thing the packs didn't speak about. It was just something they had all silently agreed on. Even the witches. They didn't help his daughter as much as they could have because even they believed that the darkness wasn't that strong. They were wrong. They would try, all of them, and make amends.

As the last notes of the songs slowly faded into the wind, a beat started, a few of the werewolves beating their chests over and over; leather gloved hand hitting titanium armour. They had built their armour to shift with them; magic given to them by the witches. The beat got louder, the sound escalating as the wolves stomped their feet into the earth, chanting "fight!" over and over. Many had started to shifted, the yells turning into growls, howls and barks. The last to shift were the five remaining Alpha's. 

Alpha Don walked to the centre of the podium that was built for the funerals that had been going on for the last week and projected out his thoughts. He looked at the now cleared land of his home, where there was once a house and homes, now stood grave sites. Hundreds of now buried wolves, witches and fae alike buried. 

"Most of you will go towards the darkness and kill as many of those murderers as you can," Don paused for the growls of agreement to subside. "And a select group of you will go and find my daughter and bring her back! The time of the battle is here. We won't wait for the snow. We end this now!" Thunder erupted from the werewolves in front of him as they stomped their force and will into the earth. 

A small group of wolves stepped forward, kicking up the dirt with their paws, they howled once and ran into the opening forest. Fae and witches circled the small group of wolves for added protection. They glided through and over the trees with ease, using the elements to mask their scents.

The witches and fae stopped at the mountains and opening a portal they all step through. The group weaved through the inner mountainous terrain. Ducking under rock and stone that was carved within the mountain itself. 

"They crossed into Eastern Europe from Ireland."

Any idea where they went? A grey wolf by the name of Ryo Lancaster asked through their telepathic link.

"None. We're going to have to search for her. Leave no stone unturned."

The wolves nodded. When the air began to change and the ground below them got colder they could feel the weather outside of the mountain had changed.

Any idea where we are right now? 

We crossed through the warmer parts of Europe.

One of the witches landed from levitating in the tallest open part of the inner mountain caves. She walked past all the wolves until she got to a rock face that looked jagged and layered after thousands of years of wear. She licked the rock, rolling the taste of earth, salt and mineral around her tongue.